PeterInVT is now PeterinHigüey!

May 4, 2018
Hi All!

I'm back from a long break from DR1 and decided to update my username. Things are good. Raquel and I got married almost two years ago and we live in Otra Banda, a few miles east of Higüey and about 20 miles from Punta Cana.

More to say but a truck hit a pole this morning and the battery is dying on my tablet.

All for now,
Peter

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You know, I have been wondering about you! Nice to hear that things are going well.

May 4, 2018
Yes. We just moved to Otra Banda a few months ago. I like it more than Higüey since it's growing fast and a higher percentage of the town has resort jobs. A ton of real estate opportunities as it is growing fast and there is a high demand for apts. HILUX trucks all over, buy still plenty of poverty too.

We live in a five building cul de sac all with the same owner. They live in two houses, then they have three rental properties and a small warehouse for the family business. Nice location with a small private park across from the driveway. One of neighbors is another American, but he just left for two months for some IT work in the US. I'll prob be back in the US around June to work as well.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hey Peter, good to hear you are alive & well.
I was hoping you brought the Dominican spice business public.
Any babies yet?