American To Add Additional Winter Flight To POP

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
MIA–Caribbean: Adding another daily winter-seasonal frequency to seven destinations that already have direct service from MIA today: Barbados (BGI), Curacao (CUR), and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (POP), all operated with a B737-800; Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (POS), operated with a B737 MAX 8; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ), operated with an A321; Saint Lucia (UVF), operated with a B757; and Freeport, Bahamas (FPO), operated with an Embraer E175 beginning Dec. 19.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I miss the days when there were 2 flights daily year around MIA/POP

10 years or so ago, AA also had a daily nonstop from JFK to POP. When they ended that, I switched to Continental (now merged  with United). 

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I pray for the return of that flight every night. Right after I put on my jammies.

Me too.  Left our car at my brother’s house on Long Island, prices were good.  Now we fly AA direct out of Philly, Saturday flights only, and last trip was just under $700 each, ugh.  Won’t do connecting flights after we missed a connection in Miami one year and had to spend the night there. 

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
North Coasters with beach front condos for rent I prefer you guys to the South Coast but please note. Coming from South Florida and deciding where to stay 1-3 months in ocean front condo rental for June, July, Aug... North coast Cabarete Sosua, or South Coast Juan Dolio area. As usual predatory monopoly pricing from AA makes my decision easy. South Florida to POP on AA is about $900! round trip, South Florida to Santo Domingo is about $400. I dont like getting ripped off. Juan Dolio here I come.

Last edited: