New Chiropractor in Bavaro / Punta Cana

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am thinking of venturing into bavaro area to work a couple of days a week to start of my transition to this area. I have been working in Santo Domingo as a chiropractor for a few years now and the traffic jams are getting to me. now that I am not a young guy anymore, I am thinking of enjoying a bit of Caribbean life for a change. slow paced and relaxed life style while offering my services as well.
Seems like there are no more chiros working there at the moment as Larry Mason has gone back to work in his old practice in Cabarete.
What so you people think of my idea? Any help in getting started in the area would be appreciated. I have only been to punta cana / bavaro area 2 times.
I am American graduated chiropractor with 20 yrs of experience in full spine and drop table techniques. I also use activator when needed.

AZB

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You'll find work here for sure. Promote on Facebook and you'll get clients in a blink of an eye. Any idea where you'll set up? The only place that'll offer you competition is Flavio Acuna's at Spa Natural Center Punta Cana.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You'll find work here for sure. Promote on Facebook and you'll get clients in a blink of an eye. Any idea where you'll set up? The only place that'll offer you competition is Flavio Acuna's at Spa Natural Center Punta Cana.
Just checked, they don't offer chiropractic
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i see they have 4 golf courses there so i would like to set up near by them. In any case, I am only going to start off by working 2-3 days a week there so i can't have anything with high expenses as I will not be there working everyday to cover the expenses for a full time office. so i am not sure how I will start off . I am buying equipment to set up there while still covering my santo domingo practice.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
AZB, go see Miguel, you know who I'm talking about. Tell him I sent you, he will look after you. Go spend a few days in Punta Cana and scout it out. Boots on he ground is the only way to do it.

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
i see they have 4 golf courses there so i would like to set up near by them. In any case, I am only going to start off by working 2-3 days a week there so i can't have anything with high expenses as I will not be there working everyday to cover the expenses for a full time office. so i am not sure how I will start off . I am buying equipment to set up there while still covering my santo domingo practice.
AZB

There was a Chiropractor from the Sosua area that came here to Punta Cana one week a month and he always seemed to be busy. He rented an apartment at the Golf Suites in Cocotal and basically converted the living area to his work area. He has not been back for a couple of years and I know of no other Chiropractors in the area so I think you'll do well. There are several Bavaro/Punta Cana groups on Facebook and you can advertise there. I saw some flyers today in the local weekly newspaper that is distributed free and that would work too. Good luck!

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Please send me a pm if/when you get set up here with info about location and hours. I don't have to go to the chiropractor much any more, swimming takes care of many problems. But, sometimes the only thing that can fix what goes wrong is a chiropractor. Thanks.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks for the support. I will be in touch with all of you.
Like robert says: I need boots on the ground. I will scout out the place soon. Just waiting for my portable table and all to arrive.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
thanks for the support. I will be in touch with all of you.
Like robert says: I need boots on the ground. I will scout out the place soon. Just waiting for my portable table and all to arrive.
AZB

Portable table? Will you be making house calls? ;)

Good luck in your new adventure.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Portable table? Will you be making house calls? ;)

Good luck in your new adventure.

portable:meaning i will be able to take it with me in my car, as opposed to my fixed metal table which weighs just as much as a small car.
AZB

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
AZB: PM me your location and office hours in Santo Domingo. I have some issues from my previous life as a gymnastics coach and haven't had an adjustment in over ten months. Thanks.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bienvenido

AZB, bienvenido !

You will have two clients available when you set up shop in the tourist zone. PJT and esposa.

Regards,

PJT

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Best of luck, hermano. I suspect you will do just fine over there. Here's hoping you don't get tired of driving back and forth. Make sure you take pictures and throw them up on your Facebook!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Please let us know when and where you set up shop. As far as the golf courses I have golfed Hard Rock and Iberostar. I much prefer Ibersostar. If you can prove residency you can get a membership there that saves you a bit as well.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ok, once i have my equipment and a place to work in, I will let you all know. I will be working like 2 days a week at first so getting a full fledged business location may not be a good idea. I may set up a practice in an apartment for now and then see how it all goes. I am not really sure how to approach this as I have been working in a centro for the last few years. I will go there soon and see the place for myself.
AZB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bavaro centrally located.

AZB,

Larry Mason set up shop in Bavaro a few years ago in an apt in the Cocotal residencial. He was working varied days a week there. He also traveled to other locations. He was good and had sufficient clients. Yet, he longed to be back at his homestead on the North Coast and returned there about a year ago. PJT has a phone # for him if you want to consult. Send a PM request.

Flavio Acuna's Spa in El Cortecito has provided relief for many. He is great. His therapy strategy is thru massage, acupuncture, and herbal remedies, not spinal minipulation.

Maybe the best location would be in the Bavaro area. It is the central area of the tourist zone. Lots of traffic. It has good market potential, a mix of executives, blue and white collar workers, manual laborers, retirees, and tourists in crisis. It has a cluster of hospitals, clinics, and spas; a draw for clients looking for relief.

Punta Cana Village area and Cap Cana offer clients with fatter wallets. less traffic. However, rental fees for office space will be higher than those near Bavaro.

Hoping this info will help you.

Regards,

PJT

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks for the input.
I have just realized I am charging more than what chiropractor was charging in punta cana (per adjustment). that was a bit discouraging for me. I will still to work maybe 2 days a week in either las terrenas or maybe in la romana. I will still see if I can get clients in punta cana or bavaro area. I want clients who can pay well for my services as I am not as young anymore and I am not about to travel so far away and break my back working where I will be charging less than I am charging in santo domingo.
Lets see.
AZB