Where do we post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
There is no Entertainment and Arts forum, yet regularly we get updates telling us of Art, Music and Cultural events taking place in DR and then there is cinema and television too. Todays news is about Shakira coming to DR in October. There is a regular jazz scene in SD. And why can’t we have a music sub forum about non-DR music etc. …why can’t the Racer be available to all the DR community and not just those with 500 posts? We have musicians in the community and they could add footage of their shows.

Why do we only have a DR baseball forum? Dominicans are active in other sports too. The younger DR generation support Barcelona and Real Madrid amongst others and follow basketball too. Athletics is up and coming. Could this become a Sports forum? Why can’t there also be sub-forums for non-DR sport and be open to all community members too such as Yankee baseball thread and the World Cup thread because they may interest the sub 500 group too and anglophile Dominicans.

Why don’t we have a Science and Technology forum. It is relevant in todays environment and we get many questions on technology. Why not have also have sub forums for issues that are not totally DR such as the various Apple threads? They are relevant to a DR readership.

The list goes on…….

Would it be so hard to moderate?

Would it dilute the informative side of the forum being about DR?

Social media has changed things. Should DR1 adapt too?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
each local forum (SD, north, east and so on) has a calendar sticky. i post upcoming events there. info on shakira concert is in east coast calendar already.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
each local forum (SD, north, east and so on) has a calendar sticky. i post upcoming events there. info on shakira concert is in east coast calendar already.

What dv8 said. Comment about events in their respective forums.

And NO, don't expect multiple separate forums right now.

And YES, multiple forums dilute content and require moderation etc.

Right now we have 52 separate forums, I'm sure you can find a home for your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.