camero Vs. Mustang ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Im toying with the idea of buying a mustang or camero.
Probably a 2013-14 or 15.
Id like to get your opinions particularly about ease of maintenance, part replacement prices and how to minimise unnecessary expense. I am located on the north cost

. Also, where do these second hand cars originate from (see www.supercarros)?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm a GM guy so I would lean to the Camero. I know of all the older stuff I owned GM parts where the easiest to source. I really can't say if Ford does the same. I do know Chrysler and Mercedes are really hard to get parts for.
One of the kids had a 2013 F150 with the Eco Boost V6. He liked it but at 115,000 Kilometers (75,000 miles) the turbos where starting to act up. They can be very expensive.
What ever you decide I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it.
Watch out for the speed bumps.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
im not necessarily a fan of any particular type of car or engine type i.e. turbo, v8 etc. I do want a muscle car that is easy to manage and i can order reasonably priced parts from the states ,easily. I want something that sounds good. and is a quality super reliable daily driver/pussy magnet

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Id like to get your opinions particularly about ease of maintenance, part replacement prices and how to minimise unnecessary expense. I am located on the north cost

I would not see the point of getting ethier without the V8......anything else would be the equivalent of a woman who stuffs her bra....so by that reasoning both are tremendous machines.....don’t buy a white one though.....white cars suck.

Maintenance.....always use synthetic oil....

You can get parts for ethier easily in Santiago if nessisary.

As for minimizing expenses....don’t crash it.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would not see the point of getting ethier without the V8......anything else would be the equivalent of a woman who stuffs her bra....so by that reasoning both are tremendous machines.....don’t buy a white one though.....white cars suck.

You haven't driven the Mustang V6 then. Now maybe in the US OK. But there just aren't enough decent roads in DR to let these ponies have free reign. However from 2018 models the Ford 3.7 liter V6 is no longer an option. So if you have to make a decision on all the power, yeah get a 5.0 Coyote and burn rubber up and down PC.
The new Mustangs are pretty Bullitt proof (get it). And except for hitting potholes the size of the space shuttle, anything under 120K that's been maintained should be reasonably trouble free.

Jan 9, 2004
im not necessarily a fan of any particular type of car or engine type i.e. turbo, v8 etc. I do want a muscle car that is easy to manage and i can order reasonably priced parts from the states ,easily. I want something that sounds good. and is a quality super reliable daily driver/pussy magnet

If your last reason is your real reason.......just buy a Jeepeta and turn the stereo up. The majority of chicas you may be looking to attract are far more impressed with that.....than a throaty muscle car.

......And muscle cars in the DR are not really meant to be daily drivers.....more for going out on the weekend or to the many weekend car shows that take place around the Island.

That all having been said, if you really want a muscle car, start by finding a local mechanic that knows how to repair either the Camaro or Mustang.....then you can work back from there.

Both those vehicles have had there own issues and some are more pronounced depending on the model year, model, engine, transmission type.

Parts will be available either from Viamar (Ford) or Santo Domingo Motors (Chevrolet). At last check those were the rwo dealers that are officially recognized to represent those brands.

If you care about future resale, then your car should be white, black or silver. Those are the three most popular car colors on the Island.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2 

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

My non-turbo Prado is the cat's meow.

Change oil and filters every 5000 km, and it still looks and drives like new. Only problem has been a sticky dashboard which was replaced with a new one at the dealer free of charge.

I learned my lesson a long time ago when it comes to vehicles. K.I.S.S.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
rogerramjet1 said:
........... and is a quality super reliable daily driver/pussy magnet

lol. So you don’t think your good looks and great personality are enough? (Experts say self confidence is one of the key ingredients of “sex appeal”.)

That said, I agree with PC and WW. Just get a jeepeta. 

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hey stuffed bras seduced many a man until the padded bras and then implants helped the less endowed mujer.

I'll drink to padded bras but not fake butts. Booty got to be real !

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...the camaro SS or RS is the ticket over 425 H.P.........But the roads here and lack of ground clearance....will trash your car, in the USA on smooth roads the ride is very stiff, here about impossible............Doc..........

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
lol. So you don’t think your good looks and great personality are enough? (Experts say self confidence is one of the key ingredients of “sex appeal”.)

That said, I agree with PC and WW. Just get a jeepeta. 

i am good looking and in excellent shape..with a scintillating personality. Im just too f@#KCun lazy to work the ladies, i want my car to do it for me. Maybe ill just stick with getting a Porsche

May 5, 2007

I rented the Mustang Convertible last month, impressive and decent handling vehicle

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Too much too late

i am good looking and in excellent shape..with a scintillating personality. Im just too f@#KCun lazy to work the ladies, i want my car to do it for me. Maybe ill just stick with getting a Porsche

You could get a Maserati or Lamborghini and cruise up and down the malecon in S.D. to show your prowess.
For us less sophisticated we just sit on a plastic chair in the DR and the ladies come to us.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Rolling Cabana..... hehe

I did have a luxury car that once ... but I debadged it...
too much attention

It wound up looking like a sleek Buick when I was done... 3 holes on the front quarter panel

Status
Not open for further replies.