Tattoo studio Santo Domingo?

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Hey guys,
I posted this a few hours ago but for some reason it did not show up... anyhows... Anyone know of a great tattoo studio in Santo Domingo? Looking for a full sleeve - already have the design - I have heard (and seen) good things about Santo Domingo Ink.
I would prefer SD as it will take 5 or 6 sittings... 
Thanks in advance

Cheers
Chris

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
If you are going to do a sleeve, you should go to Miami and do it over a 1 to 2 year period IMHO. There's no comparison. You could probably get a decent tribal done here, but thats about it.

Source: I dont have any tattos, but a gringo that works for me did the above. His tribal done here isnt to bad becuase it doesnt require fine lines and shading.

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
I like studio74 by Lucas in santiago. At least as good as my artist in West Palm Beach. But only Lucas, not the other guys in his studio. $2000 per hour give or take.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
For the most part, tattoos tell a tale. Mine does and so will the rest am getting in the near future.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Err thats an interesting question?! Ive wanted one for years when I was traveling - finally came up with the design I want and feel like its time...

Both of my sons have multipy tatoos that they designed themselves, but had done in reputable shops in Vancouver. Many of my friends had tatoos done when we were in our late teens , early twenty but I personally never had the desire to have one. Some are incredible works of art but I would worry about the look when your body starts to wrinkle.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
How safe is the art in DR, any overseeing, inspection, certification, etc?

More to the point, there is current medical research that shows some tattoos as potentially carcinogenic due to the chemicals in certain types of ink being used and the inks entering the lymphatic system and then being transported through major organs. During the research, minute amounts of chemicals from the inks were detected during analysis of lymphatic tissue. I wouldn't get a tattoo in any place unless I had scientific proof the inks used were non toxic.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Tattoos are very personal. That is a question I never ask. I am jacketed (Full upper body) And everyone of them are personal and designed by me.

OK, so it's personal to you. I get that.

I guess I don't understand the "why" of inking up your body as opposed to drawing out designs on something less... um... alive, like on a piece of paper.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
OK, so it's personal to you. I get that.

I guess I don't understand the "why" of inking up your body as opposed to drawing out designs on something less... um... alive, like on a piece of paper.

You and me both...……….. I kind of like when a lady has one very small tattoo in the right place can be sexy but doing this full sleeve and now I learned a jacket is just a tad bit too much. Then again guess I am just old fashioned and don't understand why.

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Well aren't you a barrel of fun! Just kidding no offense intended. 

More to the point, there is current medical research that shows some tattoos as potentially carcinogenic due to the chemicals in certain types of ink being used and the inks entering the lymphatic system and then being transported through major organs. During the research, minute amounts of chemicals from the inks were detected during analysis of lymphatic tissue. I wouldn't get a tattoo in any place unless I had scientific proof the inks used were non toxic.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Well aren't you a barrel of fun! Just kidding no offense intended. 

No offence taken Chris. I’m not being judgemental nor do I have anything against tattoos. Like body piercing and other forms of body art, they are personal decisions. Not my place to judge the pros and cons of those decisions. Your original post asked for information on a place in Santo Domingo where you could get quality work done. DR1 has many posts about minor and major procedures gone wrong in the DR. Procedures that led to infection and death. My purpose was twofold. A heads up on the latest medical research and the need to verify the source of the ink.