Cuisinart coffee maker?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Does anyone know where to buy a new Cuisinart coffee maker - the kind that uses cone #4 filters - not a flat bottom version. I have to go to SD soon so if there is a store there I can get it when I go.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Judy, a question if you please...

If you happened to purchase the coffee maker with the builtin clock, can you tell me if when there is a power failure, the clock immediately needs to be reset or if it has a bit of a memory and does not need to reset if the power is only out for 30 seconds or so?

Thx.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Judy, a question if you please...

If you happened to purchase the coffee maker with the builtin clock, can you tell me if when there is a power failure, the clock immediately needs to be reset or if it has a bit of a memory and does not need to reset if the power is only out for 30 seconds or so?

Thx.

nope..need to reset every time. i don't ever bother to set the time...even though we have 24 hour power, it fluctuates enough to mess up the clock. I just start the pot when i get up and I unplug it the rest of the time. Don't need to waste that tiny bit of electricity. I thought about setting it the other day when I had to wake up at 4:30 to go to Santo Domingo but figured I'd worry about it all night! Sorry! I think you'd need battery backup in the coffeemaker to prevent having to reset it :(

Sr Marzo

May 21, 2018
You can purchase Cuisinart appliances at Casa Cuesta. The distributor of that brand in the DR is Tiendas Molina...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That's what I want to avoid. Sorry but farting around with one of those antiques when I'm sleepy isn't part of my me time in the morning

Set it up the night before, in morning turn on the gas.  Makes great coffee, but we only drink espresso so...... your mileage may vary.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Set it up the night before, in morning turn on the gas.  Makes great coffee, but we only drink espresso so...... your mileage may vary.
I'm more of a press a button and wait for the pot. If I'm ambitious I'll steam milk

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk