Is it not time for Cable de Norte to change its name to "No hay señal"

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Gracias a Dios that Claro is coming in here big with Internet and TV

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I recently changed to Cable Del Norte's fiber optic service. They are apparently just letting their non fiber standard cable service degenerate and force you to change.

I had no choice but to go with Cable Del Norte Fiber for 18 months since CLARO has no idea when they will be where I am located.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
I heard that Claro Fiber will soon be available- can anyone confirm?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Lol, I have claro-tv for 5 years now. If it rains -> no signal.

You must have a dish then. With the underground cable it is on all the time, rain or shine. It works off the internet. You would need an internet account to go with it. And if your fibre optic is anything like they have in Punta Cana you will be very happy for sure.

http://speedtest.net.in/test/18626464

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You must have a dish then. With the underground cable it is on all the time, rain or shine. It works off the internet. You would need an internet account to go with it. And if your fibre optic is anything like they have in Punta Cana you will be very happy for sure.

http://speedtest.net.in/test/18626464

None of the cables are underground where I am. All cable and fiber optic lines are run on poles, just like the electricity. Cable Del Norte fiber optic service is much better than the cable modem service they are neglecting, but still more expensive than CLARO. So Cable Del Norte requires you to sign up for 18 months because they know that soon, in Dominican time, CLARO will knock them out of the market on the north coast.

If you are still seeing rain fade from TV signals on cable or fiber lines that is because the dishes used to collect those signals are having the problem.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think that rain does not hamper cables wherever they are. It is using Satellite signals to get the reception that does that. For some reason Claro in my area is not affected at all by rain.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think that rain does not hamper cables wherever they are. It is using Satellite signals to get the reception that does that. For some reason Claro in my area is not affected at all by rain.

Our area is hampered by high ground water. Buried power lines were moved up on poles when we got 24/7 power.

Any metal in the water over long periods of time can have a problem. Being near the ocean, any metal above ground eventually has corrosion problems, which is what is happening with Cable Del Norte's standard service.

Fiber is a much better alternative for all the above as well as the much higher data rates possible.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
I recently changed to Cable Del Norte's fiber optic service. They are apparently just letting their non fiber standard cable service degenerate and force you to change.

I had no choice but to go with Cable Del Norte Fiber for 18 months since CLARO has no idea when they will be where I am located.

Makes sense... Still no signal since yesterday morning. Please come Claro...

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
I have fiber with Cable Del Norte. Works very well. It is more expensive than CLARO, but CLARO is not yet an option where I am.

Are´nt Cable de Norte actually using Claro to provide their Internet and TV?