Tropical Outlook Forecasts

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It doesn't take long to figure out that weather info, particularly forecasting that explains what's coming is a little on the light side here in the DR. We all have apps on our phones and I am sure like me, you have noticed that day after day these apps declare partly sunny with clouds and a chance of rain. Yeah, that pretty much covers all the bases and for some that might be enough.

I receive a whole slew of weather related info from NOAA and the NHC that anyone can get for themselves but most do not. I am wondering if there is any interest in having me post some of the salient reports that cross my screen?

I'm not look to replace Mike's Hurricane thread but provide a general and better explained description of the weather trends during times when there are no specific storms to discuss. I have included a sample below of what you can expect. Let me know...

ABNT20 KNHC 211230
TWOAT

Special Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
830 AM EDT Mon May 21 2018

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Widespread cloudiness and showers extending from the northwestern Caribbean Sea across Cuba and the Florida peninsula are associated with the interaction of a large upper-level low with a weak surface trough. While environmental conditions are expected to be unfavorable for development during the next couple of days, some gradual development is possible later this week while the system moves into the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico. Regardless of development, locally heavy rainfall is possible across western Cuba and Florida over the next several days. For more information on the heavy rain threat, please see products issued by your local weather office. The next Special Tropical Weather Outlook on this system will be issued by 800 PM EDT tonight.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

$$
Forecaster Blake

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Thats a copy of the Marine forecast.
You can listen to it on the VHC radio channels 24/7
And they are 100% reflected in the local wetajer reposrts of ONAMET, as they take very most of their data from there.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Such still does not give an idea about at which bay/hotel in the area it will rain a couple hours later or shine and burn.
Suuch can only be observed by tje own eyes, and those eyes can of course not look days into the future, not even for the very next day.