Letter of Visa Application for Resiency

Coach Bob

Apr 29, 2018
What exactly should this letter contain? . . . Or is this the "Compromise Letter Visa and Migratory Category form?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
What exactly should this letter contain? . . . Or is this the "Compromise Letter Visa and Migratory Category form?

As you didn't include any links, are you referring to "Letter of application addressed to the consul or the Minister of Foreign Relations" that the minister of foreign relations requires for the residency visa?

If so, it's basically a free-form document in which you should include your basic personal information, why are you applying for the residency and all that nice stuff. Basically a motivation letter, again, why do you want a residency in the DR.

Not sure if that's really updated information, but here's a nice list in English:

http://dr1.com/legal/migration/visacategories.shtml

Coach Bob

Apr 29, 2018
Josh . . . Yes, that is the form . . . . Thank you for your response and link... all very helpful. I'm retiring and will def. not be able to live on my pension in Los Angeles, or anywhere near it here in California . . LoL . . . I've enjoyed visiting and staying in the D.R. 6 to 8 weeks per/yr. since 2010. I should be able to enjoy a nice living there, and like here in L.A., I'll be minutes from the sand-n-waves.