A tourist walking Calle Conde received an unexpected surprise lol

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
@alexw, too funny. So that is what "the back room" looks like. I got my laugh in for the day...……… I wonder how much they would have clipped him for if he got Full Service? again, too funny

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
@bigbird I was so laughing so hard I had real tears running down my face. How naive can you be? And yes the inside was much bigger than I expected. The DR has to rid to get rid of these people on the Conde. All the fake barbers and massage/working girls. "amigooooo, amigooooooooooooo" o "massaje massaje" every 30 feet is so annoying.

but hey at least it worked on someone jajajajaaja

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Start at the 5 min mark if you do not wish to see the entire video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQ-Oxz8PZU

They thought they had a fish on the line. He's lucky he got away without parting with his money. I was disappointed that he never got to the end of El Conde. I was hoping to see my favorite hotel in SD. Hotel El Conde de Penalba in Columbus Square. Great place to sit and have a drink and people watch.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
They thought they had a fish on the line. He's lucky he got away without parting with his money. I was disappointed that he never got to the end of El Conde. I was hoping to see my favorite hotel in SD. Hotel El Conde de Penalba in Columbus Square. Great place to sit and have a drink and people watch.

There's a part 2 of this video I only posted this one for the hilarity of it all

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This is normal behavior in most tourist areas of the
country. I don't understand why this guy decided to
post the video?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I'm sorry, i must of missed something here. What exactly happened that was wrong? Someone tried to give him a manicure, someone else tried to give him a massage. These are just people trying to make a living. No one is trying to rob him. He declined and moved on. No big deal. But he could have just as easily negotiated a good price for a manicure and massage and been happy. I do it all the time, on the same street, right next door to him. My best shaves and haircuts have come right next door to him, in the exact same fashion. A guy approached me, asked me if i wanted a haircut, I said, "How much?" we negotiated. Then he asked if i wanted shaved? I said, "How much?" we negotiated again. I got a great haircut and great shave for under $10 dollars. Now, whenever i'm walking down the Conde, I'm looking for him!!

He won over a life-long customer. He gave me the best shave and service possible, and i would never have known about it if he hadn't approached me. At the end of the day, you have to remember, these are poor people trying to make a living and feed their families. People are barely getting by, scratching for a living. Hustling for a living. If they don't approach you, you're just going to walk on past and never investigate.

[video=youtube;Z2a8rCgYZrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2a8rCgYZrM[/video]

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Here's the same guy, one year earlier...he grabbed off the street and asked me if i wanted a shave and haircut. I negotiated a price and was very happy with the service. These are fantastic people, just trying their best to make a living. They're polite and funny, and warm, and friendly. They're working hard trying to make a buck!

[video=youtube;X-QkRepMMmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QkRepMMmU&t=1s[/video]

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I really disliked the OP in the original video making this statement: "You see what happens when you are too nice to people!"

Right there, is someone who does not get it. Will never get it. He doesn't see the everyday people struggling to make a dollar. They're working for themselves, trying to make money. They have to pay a percentage to the shop owner. They have children to feed. They have to feed themselves. They're not pulling a gun out and robbing you. They're offering a service to you, that you can either decline or accept.

Last edited:

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Frank, no disrespect, but what planet are you living on? Everyone who frequents the conde knows the gay guy is a hustler and scammer, and the chica is a well known aggresive prostitute. She doesn't give massages, she only sells sex. Hell she propositions me everytime im down there. Besides who gets a massage in the far back secret room? When did the guy even ask for a massage? We mustve watched a different video.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Frank, no disrespect, but what planet are you living on? Everyone who frequents the conde knows the gay guy is a hustler and scammer, and the chica is a well known aggresive prostitute. She doesn't give massages, she only sells sex. Hell she propositions me everytime im down there. Besides who gets a massage in the far back secret room? When did the guy even ask for a massage? We mustve watched a different video.

Ok, I get that, but you can either decline or accept the service. You can walk away. If the gay guy is offering a manicure or something else, negotiate the price or move on. If the prostitute is offering her services, what's wrong with that? Prostitution is legal. It's not as if she's going to pull a gun out on you and make you stick it in. You can either decline or accept her offer. I got no problem with people trying to make a living.

Everyone's struggling here.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Ok, I get that, but you can either decline or accept the service. You can walk away. If the gay guy is offering a manicure or something else, negotiate the price or move on. If the prostitute is offering her services, what's wrong with that? Prostitution is legal. It's not as if she's going to pull a gun out on you and make you stick it in. You can either decline or accept her offer. I got no problem with people trying to make a living.

Frank watch the video again, my friend. The guy clearly declined. He said no 3 times before he offered to get the chica to clean his hand. But she didnt try to clean his hand she tried to get him into her small room. I applaud you for being a good guy but this was a hustle on a naive tourist. They get the tourist to pay for sex and the gay guy gets a cut.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Frank there are indeed some hard working, honest barbers on el conde...… but this particular shop is notorious for preying on the tourist who has no clue to ask price first and negotiate. Did you notice how quick the gay guy tried to get the "tourist" to sit in the barber's chair? Once seated the real scams begin. I have seen this place in action many a times and there are no good intentions in anything they do.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I really disliked the OP in the original video making this statement: "You see what happens when you are too nice to people!"

Right there, is someone who does not get it. .

It's just the way he worded it, not really a big deal. And he WAS being too nice. Plus he was being a dope for letting him put goop on his hand and start pulling him around the shop like a puppy dog.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Its a " dont let this happen to you" Video

Jeeshus H Ch*** why do people have to read more than that into it ..

Its a Public Service, i would go so far as saying..

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Its a " dont let this happen to you" Video

Jeeshus H Ch*** why do people have to read more than that into it ..

Its a Public Service, i would go so far as saying..

Luv it,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't think the person in the video is a "dumb arse", I think he was just playing the game to see how far they would go to try to get into his wallet.