Why do so many not want to receive emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I know why "AZB" doesn,t want to,(who wants to read death threats all day long?)but what about all the "Normal" people on DR1?Oh!, maybe I should re-phrase!What about all the "other" people on DR1? It is anonymous is it not?At least you don,t have to accept emails forwarded from DR1 if you don,t want to.I often would like to email off line but can,t if the posters don,t accept emails when filling out their profiles on DR1.I love to get emails,some people on DR1 even send me some "nasty"(I know,hard to believe isn,t it?) emails! I like those best of all!Love to all! Cris Colon

D

Dubld

I agree. I have wanted to ask a few people questions of the board so as to not waste valuable space...and readers time. Hey-for anyone sending hate-mail-there's block sender option......
Really wanted detailed info on job searching experiences (besides the obvious web-sites, etc.)

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Email

I thought all you had to do was hit "send email" by one of their messages and it would send them an email. Is there a better way?

D

Dubld

Oops! Chris-Didn't realize I had opted for privacy when I set up my profile. Send away! I have been reading this board for years and not always been able to post, but thoroughly enjoy the info and hope to meet some of the regular (!! ha ) posters on one of my visits.

D

Dubld

e-mails

To RR: You were one of the people I tried to e-mail-perhaps like me you have selected privacy in the options section of your profile. Anyhow, if you have time, I wiuld love to hear how you landed your job, etc.........

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
I responded to your question in living and also posted my email address. i will check my settings but I have received email from DR1 posters before so I don't think that is a problem.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Yes, it's anonymous to send an email through the DR1 system. BUT if you reply to someone's mail directly then you should be aware that they will then have your email address.

A while back, I was involved in a very nasty exchange on the boards with a huge loser and I sent him an email to sort of, I don't know, smooth things over. Well. He sent me the most obscene, disgusting, vulgar mail - if I printed what was written in it, Robert would, I'm sure, ban me. What he didn't realize though was that he revealed his email address to me, which was basically *his whole name* @ hotmail.com. He had already mentioned on the boards where he was from and voila! I had his name, email address, and through further investigation, home address and phone number. Because I AM a psycho b**ch. Anyway, I'm sure he didn't mean to do that and he hasn't posted here since.

But if he's reading this....he ought to know that I came THIS close to doing something awful. And I still have all his info jotted down...Be afraid....be very afraid...You know who you are...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Now there's one of the reasons

I don't have my email button enabled!!
lew.gif

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ah that sword swallower is harmless. He just hates everyone that isn't a jerk like he is. He gets agressive at every guy that thinks he is a freak and would want to keep him away from their children. AZB is also harmless taliban and just drivels on about his anti semetic feelings as long as people let him get away with it. He just never got called on his stupidity before like O&C does every day.

I get email at least once a day from posters here. I am happy to help them out. I have met people on this board that have been a world of help to me regarding the DR and try to offer myself to others in return. Grahame, Hillbilly, Delores, Robert, and a bunch of others come to mind as the helpful people here and I for one appreciate them and try to emulate them.

Jane J... I am really sorry can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me. I really didnt think you were double jointed and really able to do those things, I swear. lol

Regards

Mar 21, 2002
Jazzcom,

Robert should curtail your abuse of AZB. There's a point where something is funny and insulting versus crossing the line. Seriously buddy I think you've crossed the line by calling AZB a taliban. He did something to Dom Papi and he should warn you too.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Jazzcom. Dude. You are cracking me UP. But how did you know I was double-jointed? ('Cause I am - in my elbows...for real) No, it was a different kind of obscene and vulgar. I really don't want to go to quotes. Don't make me do it.

That was my only bad email experience - I get lots of mail, mainly from other girls with questions toooo delicate for the boards. It's alot of fun!

Why would anyone want to receive an email from you, you turd.
But the day I got an email from Criss Colon I felt so important! And now I'm meeting HB for a drink in Sosua and that is too COOL! I'd also like to give a shout-out to MommC and Trina. DR1 rocks! Woooo hoooo!

Last edited:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Jazzcom, Robert should curtail your abuse of AZB. There's a point where something is funny and insulting versus crossing the line.
O&C, you're just mad because he called you a sword swallower. Admit it.

Mar 21, 2002
Not

Robert should change Jazzcom's handle to I love AZB or I love palestinians. That's too much,man. AZB is a vital contributor to DR1. He has tremendous insights to the DR and these vile personal attacks should be condemned.All AZB has done is state facts while his person has been attacked similar to a black man being called a n.....

People got to learn from Dominicans as to what types of insults are permissible and which ones are crossing the line. Dominicans have made an art of insulting. The problem occurs when johnny come-lately's misinterprete this as all insults being acceptable.
Or worse yet when they think that any kind of insults are unacceptable. You Jane J well know the Dominican psyche and had me fooled thinking you were Dominican.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think AZB is more than capable of handling himself O&C.
If I feel it's getting really out of hand, I will let AZB pick a few tag lines for people, it appears to work.

Jazzcom, please tone it down a little. I know AZB personally and he's a nice guy.
Actually I'll be seeing him again this Friday in Santiago.

AZB you have my permission to rip into Jazzcom and I will delete any replies he makes to defend himself. Ok, just kidding, but as I said, some of you need to lighten up and not get so personal in your replies, it's not necessary and just shows your ignorance.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Jane J

I'd love to meet you sometime, too. We'll probably have to meet in DR, though...we live so far apart in our own country that it's probably more likely we'll meet up in Sosua.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe we should have a DR1 -reunion....

In Canada for the Canadian contingent.....(like maybe a summer bar-b-que) where we can sip Brugal,pina colada,merengue,bachata etc......
I'd be willing to hostess with a bit of help!
Then I'd get to meet Trina & Jane J. and some of the others and together we might be able to convince Jane J. it really is time to change her tagline!!!
(Oh my gawd....can yawl imagine Terry at my place!!??)
I've got the pool,jacuzzi,sauna, 4 bdrms(well 3 empty ones) Bar-b-que (we did a post wedding bbq for 150 ppl.) wood pizza oven,parking for 8 vehicles,billiard table, foozball (soccer) table etc.etc......(geez this sounds like my house is built for PARTYING!!)
Guess we'd have to invite those south of the border too.....
Anyone who wants to come up from the DR...more than welcome to join us.....hehehe!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Count me in on that one...however, I don't plan on coming East for some time...maybe you all should plan on coming "Stampeding"!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Robert said:
I think AZB is more than capable of handling himself O&C.
If I feel it's getting really out of hand, I will let AZB pick a few tag lines for people, it appears to work.

Jazzcom, please tone it down a little. I know AZB personally and he's a nice guy.
Actually I'll be seeing him again this Friday in Santiago.

AZB you have my permission to rip into Jazzcom and I will delete any replies he makes to defend himself. Ok, just kidding, but as I said, some of you need to lighten up and not get so personal in your replies, it's not necessary and just shows your ignorance.

All AZB does is make things up and continue on like it is the truth.
I shall fear no bullshit.

If he didn't keep taking cheap shots at a religion I wouldnt say a word. It is embarrassing and it is offensive that others stand for his crap Robert. I won't say another word if he doesn't take cheap shots. To stand by and let him get away with that horrible behaviour is just like condoning it.

Jane J... I was just having fun with you. When are you meeting HB? I will be in Sosua this weekend and hope hb ends his road trip there so I can buy him and his crew some drinks.

HB... Be there or be square!

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Never mind my trip to Sosua - MommC, I'm coming to visit!

Trina, I have a friend in Strathmore - is that near you? If I'm ever out that way....

Jazzcom - I won't be there til the 11th and we haven't set a date...but I think you'll already have left, right? It would have been nice to meet you as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.