Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oven or no oven?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember to turn off the high heat cycle when you rinse the veggies.

mob

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoRubio View Post
    Well, if you buy a dominican POS, you can expect it to look cheap and ungainly, but it will oddly last way beyond what you expect it to. You'll likely beat it to the grave. But, everybody will assume you're dominican poor and you won't be robbed.

Or, you can buy a high end, European model which will give you a hernia carrying it into the house, but look marvelous. People will assume that you have excess cash and now you are fair game for robbery. If you have a dog, say goodbye, as he's likely to be poisoned in one of the attempts.

So, buy something along the looks/price gradient that you can live with, but in line with your security measures.
    Wow. I never knew one was judged by the appliances in the kitchen.

3. Likes chico bill, Drak liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don PISTOLAS View Post
    My wife has turned our dish washer into a place to store fruits and vegatables... maybe the wave of the future on DR
    An oven is necessary if the owner loves to bake. I like to cook and bake so I find mine useful. In reality dominicans like to use blenders more to make milk shakes and blend other things.

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Wow. I never knew one was judged by the appliances in the kitchen.
    I only rob houses with a blender because I suspect they have tequila

6. Likes cobraboy, ctrob, JDJones, Drak liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    I only rob houses with a blender because I suspect they have tequila
    Oh oh....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Have not turned oven on in years. Have electric smoker, showtime rotisserie and that pretty much covers bases. May have made baked potatoes twice in 15 years. Now I make fries in air fryer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

11 years here and zero use for an oven. Stove, microwave, toaster over, and Weber Grill is all I've needed. I've never once thought ' "Gee, I sure wish I had an oven right now". It's hot enough down here w/o turning on an oven. I guess it all depends on what you like to eat.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Baked pastas, baked pies, slow roasted, turkey, dutch oven, baked or scaloped potatoes, simple warming?  

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    11 years here and zero use for an oven. Stove, microwave, toaster over, and Weber Grill is all I've needed. I've never once thought ' "Gee, I sure wish I had an oven right now". It's hot enough down here w/o turning on an oven. I guess it all depends on what you like to eat.
    Well since the only way to get decent bread in the dr is to make it oneself, i vote for an oven.

P.S. Build a kitchen in a seperate building than the house. One kitchen for cooking/baking, and the other, in the actual house, for showcasing all the usless shiny gadgets. No heat that way.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't want an oven and never used it. But we put a built-in one in for resale purposes because most people think a kitchen needs an oven. I am glad we did because we just sold our house and no oven would have been a deal breaker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123