View Poll Results: Is there a difference between Dominican feminists and Euro/N.American feminists?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • MEN: Yes, its like night and day.

6 66.67%
  • MEN: There is some difference, but...

1 11.11%
  • MEN: Its all the same.

0 0%
  • WOMEN: Yes, Dominican feminists have a different approach than Euro/NAmerican feminists.

1 11.11%
  • WOMEN: The difference is due to culture, but in essence its the same.

1 11.11%
  • WOMEN: There’s no difference.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominican Feminists vs European/N. American Feminists

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Feminists vs European/N. American Feminists

I always noticed a difference between the feminism movement that takes place in Europe or North America with the one taking place in the DR. There seems to be a deep seated anger in many of the leading feminists in Europe/N. America, a deep rooted hatred towards men. Dominican feminism appears to not be based on bitterness and revenge, but rather dignifying women while still keeping many feminine aspects that makes a woman a woman. 

Here is the current head of the Department of Women Issues (Ministerio de la Mujer) in the Dominican government.

A perfect example (of many) of what I’m saying arises when she’s asked if the problem with mistreatment of women is due to the machismo culture. She responds that its not only the men that are the problem, the women are too. She implies that in order for the treatment of women to improve in a society, both men and women need to be made aware of how each can work to make life less violent and more decent.

I think the same question in Europe or N. America would receive a response in essence blaming men for everything.

Even in dating the difference is noticeable. European or N American feminists are more likely, for example, while she’s in the kitchen refuse taking a glass of water to her boyfriend and basically forcing him to get it himself. A Dominican feminist would still take a glass of water to her man, especially if she’s already in the kitchen and the guy asks her for a glass of water. Dominican feminists enjoy making meals for her boyfriend/husband, enjoys the feminine role in the home that she does them because she wants to, not because its expected of her or demanded. 

Is there really a difference between the typical European/N. American feminist woman and her Dominican counterpart? 

If there is, which do you consider to be better?

Moderator Polls Forum

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The differences? A couple.

One, Dominican women like being women.

Two, they shave...

3. Likes Naked_Snake, Caonabo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know of a Dominican woman that would identify themselves as feminists, but then again, I can't think of a Dominican woman that isn't 300% stronger than any N. American or European feminists.

That said, I need to point out the huge number of femicides. It's about 30-40 percent of the total homicides which is both appalling and consistent with other latin countries.

5. Likes bonao99 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again at bashing western women..you can date whoever you want but why there are always men here who feel the need to talk bad about women?
    I can already imagine the mens reaction if ladies here would start a praise of dominican men while putting down the local men in their country..

7. Likes Matilda, Auryn, retiree liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Europe many women are starting to look like men, has happened several times that in the supermarket I said "excuse me sir, may I pass" and it turned out to be a female.
    As CB stated Dominican/Latin women like to be feminine and sensual.

9. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julia31 View Post
    Here we go again at bashing western women..you can date whoever you want but why there are always men here who feel the need to talk bad about women?
    Who is bashing women? All women are not the same at all. The OP is segmenting one specific subgroup: feminists.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia
    I can already imagine the mens reaction if ladies here would start a praise of dominican men while putting down the local men in their country..
    They may have a point if they target a specific subgroup.

11. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    I always noticed a difference between the feminism movement that takes place in Europe or North America with the one taking place in the DR. There seems to be a deep seated anger in many of the leading feminists in Europe/N. America, a deep rooted hatred towards men. Dominican feminism appears to not be based on bitterness and revenge, but rather dignifying women while still keeping many feminine aspects that makes a woman a woman. 

Here is the current head of the Department of Women Issues (Ministerio de la Mujer) in the Dominican government.

A perfect example (of many) of what I’m saying arises when she’s asked if the problem with mistreatment of women is due to the machismo culture. She responds that its not only the men that are the problem, the women are too. She implies that in order for the treatment of women to improve in a society, both men and women need to be made aware of how each can work to make life less violent and more decent.

I think the same question in Europe or N. America would receive a response in essence blaming men for everything.

Even in dating the difference is noticeable. European or N American feminists are more likely, for example, while she’s in the kitchen refuse taking a glass of water to her boyfriend and basically forcing him to get it himself. A Dominican feminist would still take a glass of water to her man, especially if she’s already in the kitchen and the guy asks her for a glass of water. Dominican feminists enjoy making meals for her boyfriend/husband, enjoys the feminine role in the home that she does them because she wants to, not because its expected of her or demanded. 

Is there really a difference between the typical European/N. American feminist woman and her Dominican counterpart? 

there are basic cultural differences, NALS. North American women use sex as a weapon. if their men do exactly as they are told, when they are told, they might let them have a sniff next Wednesday, for 20 minutes.

Dominican women use sex as a weapon, too. they make sure to supply so much of it that there should be no logical reasons for their men to look at other women.

i did not say it works as planned.

13. Likes bonao99, pelaut, ROLLOUT, Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    there are basic cultural differences, NALS. North American women use sex as a weapon. if their men do exactly as they are told, when they are told, they might let them have a sniff next Wednesday, for 20 minutes.

Dominican women use sex as a weapon, too. they make sure to supply so much of it that there should be no logical reasons for their men to look at other women.

i did not say it works as planned.
    Well put.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post

I think it's important to make the distinction between old-school feminists, as the Dominican lady you're referring to above, and, third wave feminists which are now the norm in Europe and North America. Third wave feminism is the man-hating philosophy that is the 'daily bread' that has been fully adopted by Western women and is taught in universities, but, thankfully, third wave feminism hasn't had much of an impact amongst DR women, as Dominican women still value their femininity and traditional gender roles (I know, I know many women don't act like it). However, there are some segments like the Altagracia Salazar types that are man-hating, abortion loving femmes (Saca tu rosario de mis ovarios) that have their (small) following---this femme right here hopes they continue to remain an insignificant minority.

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care to hear from 50+ year old dumpy women with no lips and purple hair screaming "Hands Off My Ovaries" anymore.
    No one wants to get near those shriveled ovaries and no man wants to put up with these pinchy-faced bitches for the rest of their lives.
    Life is too short to be with a woman who believes she is championing some great female cause as a real purpose. Get on with your life, become a flannel shirt wearing lesbian and wear you pink pussy hats to show the world how enlightened you have become. But stay far away from me. I don't even care to lay eyes on you. Yawn

Thank God very few of these hateful man-hating women have made it to the DR yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast