Dominican Feminists vs European/N. American Feminists

Is there a difference between Dominican feminists and Euro/N.American feminists?

• MEN: Yes, its like night and day.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • MEN: There is some difference, but...

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • MEN: Its all the same.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WOMEN: Yes, Dominican feminists have a different approach than Euro/NAmerican feminists.

• WOMEN: The difference is due to culture, but in essence its the same.

• WOMEN: There’s no difference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I always noticed a difference between the feminism movement that takes place in Europe or North America with the one taking place in the DR. There seems to be a deep seated anger in many of the leading feminists in Europe/N. America, a deep rooted hatred towards men. Dominican feminism appears to not be based on bitterness and revenge, but rather dignifying women while still keeping many feminine aspects that makes a woman a woman. 

Here is the current head of the Department of Women Issues (Ministerio de la Mujer) in the Dominican government.

A perfect example (of many) of what I’m saying arises when she’s asked if the problem with mistreatment of women is due to the machismo culture. She responds that its not only the men that are the problem, the women are too. She implies that in order for the treatment of women to improve in a society, both men and women need to be made aware of how each can work to make life less violent and more decent.

I think the same question in Europe or N. America would receive a response in essence blaming men for everything.

[video=youtube;_gfH4NkVmcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gfH4NkVmcc[/video]

Even in dating the difference is noticeable. European or N American feminists are more likely, for example, while she’s in the kitchen refuse taking a glass of water to her boyfriend and basically forcing him to get it himself. A Dominican feminist would still take a glass of water to her man, especially if she’s already in the kitchen and the guy asks her for a glass of water. Dominican feminists enjoy making meals for her boyfriend/husband, enjoys the feminine role in the home that she does them because she wants to, not because its expected of her or demanded. 

Is there really a difference between the typical European/N. American feminist woman and her Dominican counterpart? 

If there is, which do you consider to be better?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The differences? A couple.

One, Dominican women like being women.

Two, they shave...;)

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I don't know of a Dominican woman that would identify themselves as feminists, but then again, I can't think of a Dominican woman that isn't 300% stronger than any N. American or European feminists.

That said, I need to point out the huge number of femicides. It's about 30-40 percent of the total homicides which is both appalling and consistent with other latin countries.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
Here we go again at bashing western women..you can date whoever you want but why there are always men here who feel the need to talk bad about women?
I can already imagine the mens reaction if ladies here would start a praise of dominican men while putting down the local men in their country..

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Here in Europe many women are starting to look like men, has happened several times that in the supermarket I said "excuse me sir, may I pass" and it turned out to be a female.
As CB stated Dominican/Latin women like to be feminine and sensual.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Here we go again at bashing western women..you can date whoever you want but why there are always men here who feel the need to talk bad about women?
Who is bashing women? All women are not the same at all. The OP is segmenting one specific subgroup: feminists.

Julia said:
I can already imagine the mens reaction if ladies here would start a praise of dominican men while putting down the local men in their country..
They may have a point if they target a specific subgroup.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I always noticed a difference between the feminism movement that takes place in Europe or North America with the one taking place in the DR. There seems to be a deep seated anger in many of the leading feminists in Europe/N. America, a deep rooted hatred towards men. Dominican feminism appears to not be based on bitterness and revenge, but rather dignifying women while still keeping many feminine aspects that makes a woman a woman. 

Here is the current head of the Department of Women Issues (Ministerio de la Mujer) in the Dominican government.

A perfect example (of many) of what I’m saying arises when she’s asked if the problem with mistreatment of women is due to the machismo culture. She responds that its not only the men that are the problem, the women are too. She implies that in order for the treatment of women to improve in a society, both men and women need to be made aware of how each can work to make life less violent and more decent.

I think the same question in Europe or N. America would receive a response in essence blaming men for everything.

[video=youtube;_gfH4NkVmcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gfH4NkVmcc[/video]

Even in dating the difference is noticeable. European or N American feminists are more likely, for example, while she’s in the kitchen refuse taking a glass of water to her boyfriend and basically forcing him to get it himself. A Dominican feminist would still take a glass of water to her man, especially if she’s already in the kitchen and the guy asks her for a glass of water. Dominican feminists enjoy making meals for her boyfriend/husband, enjoys the feminine role in the home that she does them because she wants to, not because its expected of her or demanded. 

Is there really a difference between the typical European/N. American feminist woman and her Dominican counterpart? 

there are basic cultural differences, NALS. North American women use sex as a weapon. if their men do exactly as they are told, when they are told, they might let them have a sniff next Wednesday, for 20 minutes.

Dominican women use sex as a weapon, too. they make sure to supply so much of it that there should be no logical reasons for their men to look at other women.

i did not say it works as planned.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
there are basic cultural differences, NALS. North American women use sex as a weapon. if their men do exactly as they are told, when they are told, they might let them have a sniff next Wednesday, for 20 minutes.

Dominican women use sex as a weapon, too. they make sure to supply so much of it that there should be no logical reasons for their men to look at other women.

i did not say it works as planned.
Well put.

jenmar237

Aug 8, 2017

I think it's important to make the distinction between old-school feminists, as the Dominican lady you're referring to above, and, third wave feminists which are now the norm in Europe and North America. Third wave feminism is the man-hating philosophy that is the 'daily bread' that has been fully adopted by Western women and is taught in universities, but, thankfully, third wave feminism hasn't had much of an impact amongst DR women, as Dominican women still value their femininity and traditional gender roles (I know, I know many women don't act like it). However, there are some segments like the Altagracia Salazar types that are man-hating, abortion loving femmes (Saca tu rosario de mis ovarios) that have their (small) following---this femme right here hopes they continue to remain an insignificant minority.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't care to hear from 50+ year old dumpy women with no lips and purple hair screaming "Hands Off My Ovaries" anymore.
No one wants to get near those shriveled ovaries and no man wants to put up with these pinchy-faced bitches for the rest of their lives.
Life is too short to be with a woman who believes she is championing some great female cause as a real purpose. Get on with your life, become a flannel shirt wearing lesbian and wear you pink pussy hats to show the world how enlightened you have become. But stay far away from me. I don't even care to lay eyes on you. Yawn

Thank God very few of these hateful man-hating women have made it to the DR yet.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I applaud the ladies down here who stride for well-deserved dignity
and equality... however the main difference I see regarding the comparison
is that a women down here understands her role in society is and always
will be different than that of a man.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think it's important to make the distinction between old-school feminists, as the Dominican lady you're referring to above, and, third wave feminists which are now the norm in Europe and North America. Third wave feminism is the man-hating philosophy that is the 'daily bread' that has been fully adopted by Western women and is taught in universities, but, thankfully, third wave feminism hasn't had much of an impact amongst DR women, as Dominican women still value their femininity and traditional gender roles (I know, I know many women don't act like it). However, there are some segments like the Altagracia Salazar types that are man-hating, abortion loving femmes (Saca tu rosario de mis ovarios) that have their (small) following---this femme right here hopes they continue to remain an insignificant minority.

Oh yes, I forgot Altagracia Salazar.

Here is a recent jewel from her insulting Dominicans abroad. lol

[video=youtube;ln1Eoqst0_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1Eoqst0_8[/video]

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008

Forget it Julia. Better to leave the unliberated men do their own thing. We do not need to change their minds.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That would be good - but that should be posted in the Sanky Victim's Forum