Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another accident because of the bad road between Sosua and Cabarete

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoRubio View Post
    Sure. Okay. I wasn't disputing your point.

Why am I the only recommending a means to pay for the road (and the speed bumps) instead of just lamenting that the roads need to be repaired?

You don't like a stupd tax, fine. Recommend a better way.
    The supply of asphalt and labor is there to repair the roads. The money is going somewhere else. Think of where that money might be going instead of doing what it should. This has been a "situation" in Cabarete for many years now.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Same stretch of road that continues to claim lives.  Many of them innocent victims who were not behind the wheel.

That particular stretch was actually in really good condition once.  For about one or two months.  They had resurfaced the entire length and had done a half decent job.

Then someone in Cabarete local authority had a bright idea that all the sewage in Cabarete would be re-routed from septic tanks which feared was causing contamination to the bedrock and leaching into the sea.  The idea was to have a central sewage processing plant opposite the entrance to Coconut Palms.  Work started in record time and progressed at blistering pace.  The brand new road was dug up at 10m strips and the pipework was laid down.  Then a five foot section of the main road was dug up and the main branch pipe was laid all the way from Cabarete to the processing plant near Coconut Palms.

Five years later............That five foot wide section of the main road was never re-surfaced and it took almost three years to fill in the 10m segments across the road to patch up.

Cabarete still use septic tanks.  The waste plant was never commissioned and as a result of the narrower road, around one person per month loses their life on that stretch.  Someone got rich from the unfinished project.

Welcome to Cabarete!

3. Likes cavok, cobraboy liked this post
    No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

While returning from Cabarete today and public bus Toyota Hiace was riding my a*s for the last few miles honking his horn trying to pass even though there were 3 cars and a camion, bumper to bumper, in front of me. He pulled out at the NEXT gas station but was nearly hit head on by another taxi. Finally he passed around La Papaterra - only to wind up pulling over at the Texaco. I offered him the one-finger salute as I passed by his stopped taxi.

Who hires these drivers and how many more Dominicans will be killed by these low IQ idiots driving these vans ?
    Do Dominican care if they are the next victims ?

Then I was past by two motos racing each other East of Cangrejo, one on each side of me and one almost killed on the Puente as the guagua ahead was near the bridge rail. Sparks flew as the moto scraped the bridge !
    It would only take some motos being seized or Taxi drivers arrested for dangerous driving for the word to get around - but I guess that doesn't come with a propina.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately gua-gua drivers think they are above the law, and it seems they are right!

6. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    While returning from Cabarete today and public bus Toyota Hiace was riding my a*s for the last few miles honking his horn trying to pass even though there were 3 cars and a camion, bumper to bumper, in front of me. He pulled out at the NEXT gas station but was nearly hit head on by another taxi. Finally he passed around La Papaterra - only to wind up pulling over at the Texaco. I offered him the one-finger salute as I passed by his stopped taxi.

Who hires these drivers and how many more Dominicans will be killed by these low IQ idiots driving these vans ?
    Do Dominican care if they are the next victims ?

Then I was past by two motos racing each other East of Cangrejo, one on each side of me and one almost killed on the Puente as the guagua ahead was near the bridge rail. Sparks flew as the moto scraped the bridge !
    It would only take some motos being seized or Taxi drivers arrested for dangerous driving for the word to get around - but I guess that doesn't come with a propina.
    Wishful thinking. Motorcycle racing is big business. The police seize dozens of bikes on a regular basis in my part of the woods.

The racers just bolt together a bunch of parts to build another bike and they're out racing again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456