Ferries from San Juan?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Anybody have any info on the ferries from Puerto Rico? How long do they take? How much? is it worth the hassle or are you better off just flying over.

I have a new customer in San Juan and figure if I head down to visit him, I could hop on over to SD for a few days.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am surprised that no one has answered you.

the ferries take a day to get here, usually over night. I can't imagine why anyone that didn't have a car full of merchandise would even think of using one unless they were going to bring their car and travel around the country for a month or so.

You are much better off flying (45 minutes) and then going about your business.
HB

there is word on a new ferry that might be going to Miami with vehicles, but no passengers...that would be interesting...? Have to wait and see.

needs_a_shave.gif

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Thanks for the response. I will definitely be flying then!!! I had no idea it was that long of a trip or that complicated. I just figured it might be different, but it is definitely not worth it. I guess I'll be flyin!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I took the ferry...thought it might be neat. It leaves from SD Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. We couldn't get a cabin because they were all sold...BTW..that is an extra $60 US. So we had to sleep on tables and chairs...not comfortable.
They advised we board when we bought the ticket (now I know that was just a scam so you don't eat and spend money on the ship...very low quality food for a minimum $10 US), so were on board at 4:00, and we finally got off the ship in Mayaguez at 11 in the morning...not my idea of fun. Mayaguez is about a 3-hour drive from San Juan, PR.

FLY, definitely...you don't save any money by taking the ship.