Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: USD/DOP

  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default USD/DOP

    FYI

    The US FOMC is expected to raise interest rates .25% today.

    This may put pressure on the Peso to begin to move closer to a 50:1 dollar exchange rate.

    With 2 more US rate hikes predicted this year, and without the Banco Central raising rates to protect the Peso, 50:1 could very well be on the horizon before 2018 has concluded.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2 

  2. Likes ctrob, Luperon, carlos liked this post
  3. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We will know for sure on the .25% hike after 2:00 PM today....agreed on 50:1 by the end of year...

  4. #3
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can imagine Chris Colon smiling now! cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

  5. Likes RV429, cbmitch9, Luperon liked this post
  6. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Up a .25 point.

    Fed signaled a total of 4 rate hikes this year........likely the next two will be September and December.

    Peso should begin to weaken....again.


    ECB announces their decision tomorrow. It is expected the EU economy still requires more stimulus and thus no rate hike by the ECB.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

  7. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The ride has begun....1 USD =49.5376DOP



    https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter...rom=USD&To=DOP

  8. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So, what has been going on with the rate in the last few months? Since the first of the year, the range of day-to-day variability has been much less, then in March the rate popped up and stayed quite level for a few weeks, then dropped to a new steady level until recently. It appears the central bank was doing some sort of currency control but maybe they have discarded that policy - I don't see any news about such activities. The change in rate the last day or so has been significant - more than a peso on the dollar.

  9. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    FYI

    The US FOMC is expected to raise interest rates .25% today.

    This may put pressure on the Peso to begin to move closer to a 50:1 dollar exchange rate.

    With 2 more US rate hikes predicted this year, and without the Banco Central raising rates to protect the Peso, 50:1 could very well be on the horizon before 2018 has concluded.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2 


    Let’s start a pool to guess the day that it hits 50:1 as determined by both Ban reservas and Banco Popular as published on their website.

  10. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reilleyp View Post
    Let’s start a pool to guess the day that it hits 50:1 as determined by both Ban reservas and Banco Popular as published on their website.
    Rates at both Ban Reservas and Banco Popular will likely lag the real rate given at Casa de Cambios.

    That having been said, a 50:1 guess at the Cambio's would likely come at the end of the year.........barring a black swan event........so for an unscientific guess based on nothing other than events as they look today:

    1/2/19.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

  11. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At POP airport it is 46 right now lol.

  12. #10
    No fui yo!
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    Rates at both Ban Reservas and Banco Popular will likely lag the real rate given at Casa de Cambios.

    That having been said, a 50:1 guess at the Cambio's would likely come at the end of the year.........barring a black swan event........so for an unscientific guess based on nothing other than events as they look today:

    1/2/19.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    50:1 by end of August

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •