Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USD/DOP

Post Thanks / Like

whoop's. 345 continues

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estamosjuntos View Post
    49 : 1 from Western Union at Plaza Lama a trusted messenger returned. Three hours before now. Also, that service provided upon request, my to date point to point transactions over a specific period of time.
    Why?

It's been 49.3 to 1 for more than a month.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    I do not ever remember the Banco Central "official" exchange rates nor bank rates being above Casa de Cambio rates.....it may have happened, but I honestly cannot remember a time.

Best I can remember is that they were the same............but never higher.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    Maybe it depends on where you are. I can say with 100% certainty that BC rates have been .05 to .1 pesos above every cambio in Cabarete and Sosua that I've seen - the same in reference to CaribeExpress. Very occasionally they are at par and on very rare occasions I have got maybe .05-.10 pesos more than at BC.

I have seen some posts where people were occasionally getting .1 pesos more at one specific cambio in Santiago than at BC.

Your post on 4/27 said you got 49.3 in Santiago. This was the exact same rate BC was offering on that date.

The majority of cambios are a rip-off!
    Last edited by cavok; 06-16-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    How about we use a real transaction, by a real person, who posts on DR1....

That can be accomplished by watching our own Exchange rate thread. The date someone posts when/where they actually got a 50:1 rate can be used as the official date.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    I suggested a major bank with a website, so that it is verifiable with a Printscreen, or by simply logging on to the website, vs possibly having an endless debate as to the legitimacy of someone claiming a 50:1 rate, since so many people have found differences between towns, banks, locations, bona fide exchange services etc.

Not that anyone would EVER disagree on DR1 . . . . . lol

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reilleyp View Post
    I suggested a major bank with a website, so that it is verifiable with a Printscreen, or by simply logging on to the website, vs possibly having an endless debate as to the legitimacy of someone claiming a 50:1 rate, since so many people have found differences between towns, banks, locations, bona fide exchange services etc.

Not that anyone would EVER disagree on DR1 . . . . . lol
    Major banks generally have the worst exchange rate in town!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Major banks generally have the worst exchange rate in town!
    On that we can agree.

When the rate actually hits 50:1 whether at BanReservas or a casa de cambio, it will be a major
    news story. The only question is who will be the first to offer a real exchangeable rate.....not just a published rate.

My guess is that they try to hold it under the 50:1 psychological level through the end 2018....thus 1/2/19.

Good luck to all.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123