Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Permanent residency renewal alert!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    count your lucky stars, you whiny gringa because at least you have the DGM office right under your nose
    us north coasters are not so lucky

i was talking to a fren the other day about our renewal (we both got the perm residency just days apart and we both are going for the definitiva next time around). my conclusion was to chillax for now because we are good for two more years and by then the rules will change several times already. your post showed exactly that. i just wish there were some sort of updates/announcements on DGM page before one embarks on this little bureaucratic adventure...
    Why don't you just become a citizen?

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

downgrade? no, thanks.

North Coast Moderator

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    downgrade? no, thanks.
    Why down grade? Serious question

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

For people from the Untied States,get a visa,stay,90 days then leave,visa is good for several years.Most people after 90 days are ready to leave.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    Why down grade? Serious question
    Might be referring to her Polish citizenship.
    Perhaps Poland doesn’t allow dual citizenship

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bundel2014 View Post
    For people from the Untied States,get a visa,stay,90 days then leave,visa is good for several years.Most people after 90 days are ready to leave.
    There is no such visa to the DR from the US that I am aware of. There is simply the current mess of a 30 day tourist card and all the discussion from that.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Might be referring to her Polish citizenship.
    Perhaps Poland doesn’t allow dual citizenship
    Poland does allow dual citizenship.

DUAL CITIZENSHIPS ALLOWED:
    Australia, Barbados, Belgium, Bangladesh, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, South Korea, South Africa (requires permission) , Egypt(requires prior permission), Greece, France, Finland, Germany (requires prior permission), Iraq, Italy, Israel, Ireland, Poland, Hungary, Iceland, Kenya, Sweden, Slovenia, Syria, Serbia, Armenia, Thailand, Lebanon, Malta, Spain ( allows only with certain Latin American countries), Tonga, Philippines, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka (by retention), Pakistan (accepts only with 16 countries), Portugal, Turkey (requires permission)

DUAL CITIZENSHIPS NOT ALLOWED
    Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan ,Burma, Bahrain, Botswana, Japan, China ,Czech Republic, Fiji,India,Indonesia, Ecuador, Estonia, Iran, Papua New Guinea, Brunei, Japan, Peru, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Chile, Kiribati, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia,Singapore, Slovakia, Ecuador, Lithuania, Solomon Islands ,Fiji ,Malaysia, Mauritius, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Romania, Mexico, Nepal, Venezuela, Norway, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal

PAKISTAN:
    Pakistan allows dual citizenship only with the below countries

United Kingdom
    Italy
    France
    Belgium
    Iceland
    Australia
    New Zealand
    Sweden
    United States
    Ireland
    Netherlands
    Switzerland
    Canada
    Egypt
    Jordan
    Syria

SPAIN
    Allows dual citizenship with some Latin-American countries Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay, Andorra, Portugal, the Philippines and Equatorial Guinea.
    http://dlgimmigration.com/united-sta...l-citizenship/

Now back to my waiting for my request for Definitiva to be approved and proceed on 10 year residency.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123