Runners - help run 24,901 miles (challenge)

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
I'm working with the founder of Runner's World magazine to set up "Run The World" global run challenge.

It's 24,901 miles. (40,074 km).

Right now there's runners representing 11 countries, would be great to have runners representing DR.

RUN THE WORLD LOGO.jpg

Last edited:

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
Walking's good too. In 2012 I helped shoot a feature length documentary about running, actor Sean Astin volunteered to narrate the film gratis because he believes in running. One of the people interviewed in the film is a guy who, at age 47, was over 300 pounds and had never run before - he just woke up one day and decided he was going to run the Boston Marathon. 10 months later he finished the Boston Marathon. He stuck with running and now is very fit, he does these "run 7 marathons in 7 continents in 7 days" challenges, etc. I think the interesting thing is it's an example making a dramatic life change is possible.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
it's pretty basic at the moment, people report their distances and times. it's free.

It's at the very beginning, Bob posted on his fb page and we got some signups, the first challenge begins July 4th. With some marketing it will happen.

some run every day, 2 or 3 times a day, some 5 days a week, whatever. Some people are into this sort of thing and some are not. The race director of Boston Marathon signed up instantly.

in the future we will have teams, country competitions.

I think there is a strong running community in DR.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I will look into it. I jog most days. So few joggers here compared to the USA. I enjoy jogging by the gorditos locals and turistas drinking soda on the beach here in Juan Dolio. I feel when they watch me it (challenges) them..probably not.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok then, i will look into this. i run about 60 km a week and walk another 120 km. just something to kill time. maybe it will be beneficial to me to be accountable to someone else than myself.