Blue Mall ... Nacional

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Just wondering... Does anyone know Whether Nacional has made any moves to build yet at Blue Mall?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, construction is well under way. Fingers crossed that the rumour about La Bolera becoming a cultural centre is true!

Jan 7, 2016
Last trip to the Blue Mall in April, there was infrastructure work on the space to be occupied by National. Looks like there will be MUCH better parking at Blue Mall than there was at the current location. It's always a thorn in my side to have to scout a space to park the little KIA when shopping there.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Yes Construction is well under way, I was talking with the supt on site he told me this is going to be the biggest super National on the island a Super Super National with that being said it will probably be the smallest on the island...

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Yes Construction is well under way, I was talking with the supt on site he told me this is going to be the biggest super National on the island a Super Super National with that being said it will probably be the smallest on the island...

Hahahahahaha!

Jan 7, 2016
I know that our Jumbo is not the "Jumboest" on the Island. Sometimes semantics can mislead observers to the wrong conclusion. Let's hope that it is the "superest" National in the Dominican Republic. We need something to brag about around here! :pirate:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It looks like Blue Mall is introducing a shuttle service to and from Punta Cana and Cap Cana. I saw it on the billboard as we drove past so no exact details yet.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
It looks like Blue Mall is introducing a shuttle service to and from Punta Cana and Cap Cana. I saw it on the billboard as we drove past so no exact details yet.

HMM Cap Cana... yes it nice . but its in no mans land I would never live there. They should flim the Shinning part 2 over there its so is isolated jack would love it honey I'm home..

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The Blue Mall free shuttle is to and from hotels including Westin and 4 Points in Punta Cana; Fishing Lodge and Secrets in Cap Cana.

Oct 28, 2011
Think you weren't there recently, the Fishing Lodge is not isolated and there are businesses doing well in the area.It is only 10 min from Blue Mall, so not isolated at all!

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Any updates on progress?

Last trip to the Blue Mall in April, there was infrastructure work on the space to be occupied by National. Looks like there will be MUCH better parking at Blue Mall than there was at the current location. It's always a thorn in my side to have to scout a space to park the little KIA when shopping there.

Wondering if any update news? How is Punta Cana Village faring. I understand not many, if any, tourists around. Sargassum, noxious odors etc etc. Word on the streets...PC in big tourist trouble. Hotel cancellations, people who were here with massive complaints about lack of service, lack of comprehension re staffs, foodborne illnesses. What to do.
But for me I am interested in Nacional. Thanks for any info.
Jeb

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
HMM Cap Cana... yes it nice . but its in no mans land I would never live there. They should flim the Shinning part 2 over there its so is isolated jack would love it honey I'm home..

....so right ..and they have room for the maze,,Jack needs..........

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Think you weren't there recently, the Fishing Lodge is not isolated and there are businesses doing well in the area.It is only 10 min from Blue Mall, so not isolated at all!

Fishing Lodge is isolated. No one is there! It is close to Blue Mall ... But not many are around to go there either. Bottom line Fishing Lodge like everywhere else in Cap Cana now. empty

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Construction continues on Nacional. 3 stories high, looks like it'll be a good size. I was told they're aiming to open in December.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
If we are talking about Blu Mall in Cap Cana I was just there and the project is still a shell with virtually no work going on.

We rented an air bnb and the sargassum was so bad we couldn't stay in it. Got a full refund though which was nice. No airbnb service fee either.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Every time I go by there are workers there. Original opening date was December but that obviously won't happen. That said, what's left is all the inside installations, doors and windows and the outside.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Every time I go by there are workers there. Original opening date was December but that obviously won't happen. That said, what's left is all the inside installations, doors and windows and the outside.

So basically the entire build is still to come. Inside, outside, top bottom and sides[emoji39]

Maybe December 2020?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Here's what it looks like today. Windows are being installed and I think I saw freezers inside.
65e0e374011abbdea8aee624fc3936a8.jpg
418189d62ac034f1f69ea010ff58c77a.jpg