Car rental puerto plata

Harry

Apr 29, 2002
Hello

1- Can enebody tell me a good company and its adress in puerto plata to rent a car please , any idee about prices for 3 days ?
2- Is it safe to drive arround as a tourist on the north coast , i eared story's about foony police and muggers wo let tourist stop and robded him are give them a ticket for nothing (i know this apend evereware , yes also here in Belgium)
3- We will be staying in Riu Bachata , as eneboby stayed or worked there ?Last year we where in Riu Mambo and it was great , nice people and staff !!

Thanks you for responding
Harry

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out our sponsor, National Car Rental at http://www.dr1.com/national

National Car Rental is one of the largest, if not the largest car rental operation and they are reliable and professional.

One of the advantages of vacationing on the north coast is precisely that you can drive to so many places. Definitely, go to the travel index page (click on the top travel button) and check out on the side bar to the left the section titled Destinations. There review content for what to do in Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Sosua, Cabarete and Playa Grande. From the La Isabela, the first settlement of Columbus in the New World (together with its Luperon beach) to Playa Grande on the far east side, you will find lots of different places to visit. Only limitation you will have is that it will be best for you to leave early so you can enjoy a full day and return in time to not drive at night.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
National car rental

Highly recommend National @ Puerto Plata airport. I've used them close to 20 times and never a problem. They do have some flexibility on rates, cars are well maintained and they play no games. Ask for Christian, tell him Jerry for Grand Turk sent you.

Art Covey

Jan 2, 2002
National car rental - I agree

I have rented cars at POP several time over the years and have tried all the major agencies. National was the only one who's quote was the same as the bill. ALL the others cost more than their quotes for some reason or other.
Regards
Art

Alain

Feb 12, 2002
National

Like the others said....

National is highly recommended. Their cars are brand new or almost-new.

Don't forget to ask for FULL insurance coverage with "$0" deductible, should something happen.

It's just a little more expensive, but well worth it.

Have a nice trip!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It is safe to drive on north coast. Best not to drive at night because of animals on the road. Also, in rural areas people seem to congregate along the road; seems to be a social center. Even Dominicans avoid driving at night if possible. You are more at risk from potholes than from attack by carjackers.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
One note about rentals is to make sure you leave plenty of time to return your vehical. Almost missed a flight once because the clerk wrote so slow it took him 45 minutes to fill out the paper work..

Dont drive at night.. not just animals, but drunk drivers, mopeds with no lights, and people driving with high beams on.