What's the whole POINT of....

LiL_Rican_Chula

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2002
<b>WHAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF MAKING A THREAD IF THERE'S PEOPLE THAT CLOSE THEM !!! THEY MIGHT NOT BE RELATED TO "DR1.COM"BUT THEY'RE INTERESTING "POINTS"COMMENTS"THOUGHTS" OF PEOPLE THAT OTHERS AND I WOULD LIKE TO PEOPLE TO COMMENT ON!!!!</B>

<B>LIL RICAN CHULA </B>

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I've also suffered from the "Closed thread/deleted post syndrome". One gets over it. This board belongs to its moderators and we humble users don't have much of a saying in that. But I would guess that it was because a) it was not DR related and b) it was a pissing contest in the making. Just a wild guess.

But right now I want to take a moment to comment on your writing style. On the internet, in absence of voice inflection, gestures and other things that would add "context" to one's words, people has resorted to a few "tricks" to convey feelings. All caps means shouting, I would guess that all caps and bold would mean very angry shouting. Anyways, it kinda hurts my eyes and I just read a part of your post and then gave up. It would be much easier to read if you don't use the all caps and bold letter.

Just my humble, most-definitely-unrequested, and possibly-unwelcomed opinion.

Peace and love
hippy.gif

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I close them...

If they get into personal attacks or have zero DR content then they get closed. This is a site dedicated to the Dominican Republic, not a place to hang out and air your gripes or have a chat about the "best bath soap" etc etc.

The Internet has 1'000's of sites dedicated to every topic imaginable, DR1 is DR focused and I we will not allow the content to be diluted with non-related stuff however interesting.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
my two cents

this is a DR related site but what you need to realize is that people build a community around this board. As a community people will not only discuss DR related topics but the comfort level we build we each other allows us to get into other topics. I personally though that the open forum was anything goes, if this is not the case then may I suggest opening up another forum and making it "anything goes". Robert, good move on opening another forum.

I agree

Jane J. said:
As a moderator, I think you're extremely lenient...
Robert has been more than lenient,in fact Jim Hinsch posted a list of irrelevant posts which has appeared including mine via satelite hookup from the Sunbird, although not DR related it was left open so my friends here on DR1 could have a report on how my trip was going, some where interested in that and sent me emails asking how things were going.
I thank Robert for that.

bichondad

Jan 19, 2002
SUBJECTS FOR DR1

Robert,

I have to give you high marks on the forums in general. IMHO It's difficult to keep it "ONLY DR" when folks from all over the world post here.

I think that DRtechie has a great idea. Why not an "Anything goes" forum? It seems to me that if you say up front that it's not a "Crap Column" it would make every happy. :)

Ron

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
The best time is when Rob is away!!

Guys,

When Rob is in Santiago with his buddies there then it is the best time for quick cheap shots.

Get as many as you want while he is away.

Now the trick is to know when he is away!!