I am wondering how long the ride takes?
How much $$ it cost?

Do I need to know anything else?

What to do when I get to the top?

Thanks for your help.

michelle

Apr 25, 2002
Hi there,

i think its around $20 usd. Bring bottled water with you. Once you get to the top there are beautiful gardens to walk through. You might want to also bring a light jacket as it can pretty chilly up there.

michelle

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The cost is 50 pesos for dominicans and 100 pesos (a little less than 6 dollars US) for foreigners, Round trip. What they do is this: you get 2 tickets, going up and coming down legs of the trip. Each ticket has 50 pesos printed on it, so if you are a foreigner, you pay 100 pesos (50 for each leg of the trip). However, if you are a dominican you simply hand over 50 pesos and you will get the same 2 tickets for the half price.
On weekends you would have to wait a little but on weekdays I would imagine you will get on right away. The ride takes about 20 minutes each way through the most scenic climb of your life. The whole city of puerto plata is visible from there on a good day and the ocean is seen in its most natural aqua-green shades. Ones on top, you will feel that its quite cool and windy but comfortable. The clouds cover the top every once in a while but you get to see the whole magnificient view of the countryside and the city at the same time.
Its a fun trip to take so make sure you eat something first so you won't get hungry up there. Food is sold in the form of simple ham & cheese sandwiches and cold sodas and bottled water.
Have fun.

Harry

Apr 29, 2002
To AZB

Thanks you verry mutch for your excellent reply , can you also tell me te way to the entrance pleace , we are comming from te Riu Bachata (maimon) with a guagua , i supposed we have to get of before puerto plata ?

Thanks
Adriene and Harry

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
After you pass the turn for the costambar start paying attention to your right side on the same road to puerto plata. You should see a sign for teleferico. Take this right turn and head straight up. It will end up in the place you want to go. Very easy and simple. I hope they still have the sign on the road.

So once again in simple terms: keep going towards puerto plata from your hotel, after you pass the sign for costambar you will see (1km ahead) a sign say "teleferico" and other things. Teleferico is the place you would want to go. So make that right turn and you will end up there.
Have fun