Is Hip?lito flirting with Ch?vez???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Does anyone here know anything about a "secret flight" that Hipolito took to Venezuela two days after Ch?vez was re-instated in Venezuela???

Since I have this on incredibly good authority, it should be interesting if anyone has even heard of the trip...

HB, in conspiracy mode?? Why not??

needs_a_shave.gif

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Conspiracy?

HB, Isi t not true that Chavez's wife and family did suddenly appear yesterday in the Capital and were wisked off to parts unknown? Makes one think there was some deal made. Regards, PJT

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, I saw that too

But at least that made the papers, but i dont remember seeing any anouncement of Hippo's trip to Caracas. they landed at the little airport in Caracas....I know the plane!!

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Chavez

CBS's 60 Minutes did a profile and inteview with Hugo Chavez this evening. In short what was said is that the man borders on being somewhat crazy because of his beliefs in despotism, plans to nationalize foreign business interests in Venezuela, replacing upper management in state run oil industry with his own hacks(the catalyst for the strikes and ill fated coup), and his cozying up to Castro, Khadafy, and Sadam Hussein. He survives only because of the support of the poor and the blunders of the provisional government that replaced him in the so called coup last month.

The chief blunder as represented in the report was the provisional government head (The businessman, I forget his name) had decreed to disolve the legislative and juducial. But, in doing so he lost all support for the coup from the legislative branch that wanted Chavez out also. Without support from the legislature the provisional gov't was doomed to fail and did. Chavez returned like the ghost from Christmas past on the backs of his supporters.

He survives.

A post script to the broadcast that it was inferred that a few generals had taken Chavez aside after his return and something was said to him more or less to keep him in line, sort of behave yourself or else. Just wonder now that he has sent his family on to the the D.R. for their own safety, while he sorts things out in Venezuela.

Just don't see what Hippo sees in this realtionship he has with Chavez other than being cozy like a fox to protect the petroleum interest for the D.R.

Regards, PJT

PIB, don't worry about Hippo and Chavez, in the famous words of Groucho Marx, Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows - marriage does

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
re: Hippo slumming with Chavez

Well, I have to figure if Hippo did sneak a visit to Chavez, In the interest of Hippo to see that oil was not disrupted in the D.R.
That would cause major headaches for Hipolito. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Hippo flew into Caracas in the middle of the night.
60 minutes was right. Chavez is a looney tune. Remember that nut, Noreiga. Chavez probably has statues of the Furher in his office too.