2002 Soccer World Cup on TV in DR

jm.finet

May 13, 2002
Does anybody know if the soccer matches of the 2002 World Cup in Japan/Korea are transmitted on TV in the DR ? As a Frenchman and soccer fanatic travelling often to Santo Domingo, I'm specially interested in the "France vs Uruguay match" scheduled on Thursday June 6 at 7:30 (Santo Domingo time). Where will it be possible to see this match live in DR, on which TV channels ?

Thank you for your help.

JM

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
World Cup

ESPN2 and ESPN will carry most (If not all) games. I'm sure that all the bars in Sto.Dgo. will have it. Check out www.eddysportsbar.com fixtures for complete schedule.
Est-ce-que la France va vaincre de nouveau?

eric

Feb 13, 2002
World cup

Good luck! Watch your backs as Uruguay is as dirty as it gets.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Eric....

there's an Uruguayan on this board, strange as it may seem.

So...YOU better watch your back also...it's not true we play dirty...we just play to win...could it be that you are jealous of our exceptional moves?
Ink_Stab.gif

eric

Feb 13, 2002
Watching backs

Musicqueen, having seen your radiant pictures in the gallery,I would love to watch your backside.LOL. As far as world cup goes,I love to watch the games.However I cannot get as emotional as the teams are not an acurate reflection of the countries they represent.It is big bussiness,everyone wants the best players.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Eric...

You are absolutely right! It is big business, unfortunately, mine is a poor country in that sense, and can't afford to pay even our own players what they are worth.

Maybe that's one of the reasons they seem to play dirty sometimes...but we are good people!

Let's keep in touch during the World Cup...this is truly a World event...unlike baseball...countries from all over the world are represented!

My favorites are: Uruguay...as far as they make it...then France and Brazil...

Now, if any other team from South America goes all the way to the finals...they will be my favorite...and of course...the good old U.S.A.

I always like to cheer for the underdog!
luxhello.gif

jm.finet

May 13, 2002
1) Thanks 2) France will win !

Thank you all for your replies and interesting debate ! Special thanks for Eddy. Inbetween, I have found out that I finally should be, not in DR, but in Cuba on June 6 : I hope they also have ESPN there!

Will France win again ? Of course... despite a little "free warning" in Paris last Saturday (France defeated by Belgium 2-1 with a Belgian goal at the 90th minute, but Zidane wasn't there because of the birth of his 3rd child, a boy).

Well, indeed it will be difficult because we need to beat guys like England, Brazil, Argentina and probably Italy to get there ! But we will make it !

Another interesting website I found about soccer on TV : http://www.soccertv.com/intl.cfm

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When you get back from Cuba....................................

.........you can tell us all what a big mistake you made going there and not coming to the DR! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc...PS. the "Eastern Block Europeans" line up early for all meals,and eat everything not nailed down in about 15 minutes,so go early! And they don,t bath or use Deodorant!Oh!,,, Your from France,"Never Mind!"................."Sorry",it was just too easy! I love the French!"Viva La France"!

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: 1) Thanks 2) France will win !

jm.finet said:
I have found out that I finally should be, not in DR, but in Cuba on June 6 :[/url]

They will have ESPN there. It will be Pirated of course. No self respecting individual would want to do business with Cuba until Fidel and his cronnies are gone.
Hope you have lots of fun in Cuba. Don't feel too bad about helping to prop up a Murderous Dictator! After all, It is not your problem and slave labor makes for a cheap vacation.

Tony C.