Suggestions for a "Retreat"

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Our office sponsors a yearly "retreat" for both relaxation and policy. We usually end up in some mountain resort or whitewater adventure.

Some of the "Girls" in the office are pushing for a warm beach locale this October.

Any suggestions for such a location for approximately 80 people? Price is not a consideration, the ability to conduct private meetings and excursions are

Thank you

Janice

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Sounds like a group that would enjoy a Samana small hotel vacation, that offers leisure plus eco tourism adventure travel opportunities. Domingo Abreu handles this type of educational fun group tourism. Email me at dolores@dr1.com if you are interested with more details and I will put you in touch with him.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Lots of good places in the DR........

It would be easier to provide some areas to consider if we had a better idea of what type of excursions the group would be interested in.
Check out http://dr1.com/travel/special/meetings.shtml for some more info.
Anywhere on the south/southeast/east coasts would provide beautiful beaches and closeness to many natural and man-made attractions that might be considered for a "day" excursion.
A look through the archives would also provide you with info on some of the excursions available for north,south and interior regions of the country.
Once you are more familiar with what is available you would be able to post specific questions to the forum members who have taken these excursions for more detailed information and personal observations as to how they enjoyed them.
Check out some of the listings on this website: http://www.jmtravel.com/punta.htm
It gives a lot of detail about many of the resorts in the Punta Cana area.
Once you have decided where to go on the island your travel planner will be able to obtain specific detail from resorts in the area as to the availability of conference facilities, internet availability etc.
Hope this helps and please do get back to this thread with any other questions you may have.

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
In Punta Cana the Barcelo Bavaro resort complex has modern meeting facilities & a new convention center.

And the resort is stunningly beautiful.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Since I always have to say someting..

I like the North Shore.

Places like Playa Dorada, where you have 14 hotels to chose from, convention facilities, outstanding tours available plus golf, tennis and the ocean right there.

But then, the whole island has some of all of this.

You might want to check out two sites while you are surfing:
www.samana.net ,an outstanding site for one particular area, and www.debbiesdominicantravel.com which has gathered tons of feedback from all sorts of places.

Good luck and happy retreat,

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Thank you all

For the information. It looks as though I have a bit of "digging" to de to present my argument for going to the DR

Janice:cool: