Signatures, gone.....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Looks like some people thought it was appropriate to write "War & Peace" as a signature. Sorry, but this looks like clutter and slows the board down. Signatures.... GONE!

Maybe I'll make this an option in the future for members than reach a certain posting level, let's see.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Rob --

Could you put a character limit on the signatures so people don't go out of control??

:lick: Rachel

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Yeah, I agree. Signatures are a cool thing, but if it's going to take forever to download or something, not worth it.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
if you put a character limit on a post then people will just post multiple times to get their point across...not a good idea.

cled

Jan 3, 2002
Rob,

What about having a "fair signature use policy" instead of removing it altogether? Those that violate the policy will get a pair of warnings before harsher actions are taking against them...

Cled

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Most of the forums I visit offer signature lines, but most of them set limits as well. There are a couple that allow lengthy oratory, avatars and/or animated sig lines!

A site such as this which serves participants residing in different countries is most probably best served by offering limited or no sig lines if server speed could be compromised. IMHO, of course! :)

Swede

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]rrwells[/B] said:
Could you put a character limit on the signatures so people don't go out of control??
Finally a voice of reason. My boss says, "if you assume a person knows what you want and you do not give him/her proper instructions, and that person fails to meet your expectations, whose fault is it?". Sometimes bosses can be smart. :devious:

Now Rob, be a sport, just tell us how to do it. :) Good boy.