Politics causes wonders

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
How come there are presently?:
1. No powercuts.
2. The price of fuel that is set by the government has actually gone down in price this week (first time in months).
3. All the streets are being paved.
4. AMET are keeping a low profile.
5. You can actually get in contact with a senator.

Whats going on? Does somebody want to be re-elected?? haha

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
1. No powercuts.
Not so in my neigborhood, last Sun 6 hrs. blackout and same dose on Monday

2. The price of fuel that is set by the government has actually gone down in price this week (first time in months).
Fuel prices had gone down in the intl. markets the week before as reported by some newspapers. They just did what the law says (for a change).

3. All the streets are being paved.
They have to spend some money in the Ayuntamiento now for actually doing some work they can mention later. All last four years all the money was spent in payroll and other "things" < wink, wink >.

4. AMET are keeping a low profile.
Maybe Candelier is tired of all the BS and attacks. I know I wouldn't take that pressure without going bazooka. I'd probably just order the agents to shoot all traffic violators ang be done with it.

5. You can actually get in contact with a senator.
Huh? No kidding! That is new to me. But I don't see why I would want to contact a senator. I have better things to do, such as.... hmmm... errr... ahhh, you know, better things.

I think that you're giving too much credit to a bunch of thugs.

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Politics

"An election is coming. Universal peace is declared and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry."
- T. S. Eliot

Regards, PJT

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"I'd probably just order the agents to shoot all traffic violators ang be done with it." PIB

That would eliminate 50% of population of santiago and including 100% of AZB. PIB, you are too straight for this country, maybe you should try relocating to sweden or finland. Not everything is green there but you have all the law and order to keep you safe in your utopia.
Like Hemmingway says: you go to heaven, I will stay right here.
Yes, AZB just love disorder and corruption. jejejejeje
Viva republica.... yeah!!!!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I just love the election time, I wish this week wouldn't end. The political (gathering) parties are just too exciting to miss. I was invited to granAlmirante hotel last night for a political promotion for the PRD party. All the TV stations were there and the arrangment was top notch. Free food and drinks for everyone. A musical act and late night bellydancers to keep everyone's interest at peek.
What a great show and an interesting evening. Women were simply beautiful and the food was excellent.
Lets see if PRD wins, we should really have a giant fiesta. Yeah, more food and booze for everyone.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
AZB:

I've been to Sweden. I liked it, but I love my country and stay here. Who knows, maybe someday I'll become head of AMET and start shooting traffic violators myself. Ahhhh, dreams...

edited by Pib to add:
If you are a Dominican citizen VOTE! No matter whom you vote for, vote. Otherwise stay mouth shut for the next four years.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I wonder what would happen.....

If the gov't passed a law to prohibit all the "parties" free food and booze give-aways, buying cedula's and voter cards etc. at election time.
Might be a very DIFFERENT DR.!