Transportation from La Romana Airport To Boca Chica

Chum

May 15, 2002
What is the best way a canadian traveller can travel from La Romana Airport to Boca Chica.Would someone please inform me of a reasonable priced way to travel on bus, Taxi, or other.

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
I think if you do a search you can find more specific answers in terms of cost. I always end up landing in La Romana and then have to make my way to either Boca Chica or Santo Domingo. The cheapest way is probably by bus or gua gua but most convenient if you have luggage is the taxi. I ususally split the cost with a friend and in total I think it was about $80 CAN. When I was there last I had to travel a bit more west of Santo Domingo to el doce and that hurt...it was like $130?, I will definitely try to find another way next time.

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
Taxis

you should contact Raphael Silver. We use him everytime we come to the DR. He collected us from La Romana and took us to Juan Dolio for US$65 one way and he will collect us from Santo Domingo and take us to Juan Dolio for US$30.

r.silva@codetel.net.do

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
La Romana to Juan Dolio......

Any taxi at the airport will take you to Juan Dolio for a flat fee of $50 US. They may charge more to Boca Chica as it is further down.
If cost are a concern you could take a taxi to the Parada in La Romana and take a bus from there. I have no idea on costs for this but it would be cheaper than a taxi . We go through La Romana all the time but with the amount of luggage we bring it's much easier for us to pay the $50US for a taxi right to Juan Dolio.