What's wrong with Dominican men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeypie

May 17, 2002
Hiya, my friend has a dominican boyfriend, but i have heard lots of nasty things about them, about how many girlfriends etc they have. Should I be concerned? i have never been to Dominican Republic, any advice/experiences people have had? THANKS

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Honey, long distance relationships are never easy. I feel for your friend but please understand that Dominican men are all different just like men from any country. Your friend will have to trust her heart and accept the challenges of a long distance relationship. You will likely receive a lot of negative responses to your thread but don't buy into the stereotypes. If everyone believed in stereotypes then people would think that MommaC represents the "typical" Canadian. Heehee Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Cheers,
Nelly

Men

"Dominican men are all different just like men from any country. "
So are the women even typical Canadians, hmmm ? What is a typical Canadian?
Why such a distain for MommC, she is a very good person.
council.gif

Why not smile, forget the parting shots and get along girls.
Imagine people are even getting along with old TW, it will make the world much better.
transam-yellow.gif

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Good Post Nelly...

I also believe that everyone is different and you have to trust your own instinct and your friend's. Long distance relationships are very difficult, but it is possible, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise! You shouldn't worry, just have some faith, and support your friend. It's also true that you may get a lot of negative responses, but hey, everyone speaks from their own experiences, and usually the negative comes out before the positive. Have you met her boyfriend? Just let your friend know that you care about her and will support her decision as long as it is a well thought out one. Best of luck!:knockedou

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Generally speaking

Dominican men are marriage prone. They also maintain their relationships with their wives surprisingly long and love to have children, something that baffles me, considering they are automatically headed for slavehood.

There is only one problem with Dominican men that most women cannot handle, and that is, all normal, healthy Dominican men cannot live with just one woman. They will be infidels for life. You can expect at least they will have one concubine. But most have more than two, and if economically feasible, concubine numbers will increase relative to their income. The good news is that in spite of this, most will still keep their regular wife. And to no one's surprise, the worst men are those who score low in national polls for least trusted professions:politicians, lawyers, engineers, auto dealers and salesmen and the military.

The perfect loyal Dominican man has not been created. It is impossible. Even God cannot make one. And, beware of the ones who boast they are totally loyal to their wives. They are the worst. Notice how the "caba?a business" keeps expanding. hardly any "caba?a" has gone broke. In fact, on any friday or saturday night you might get lucky if you find a vacancy all day. 90% of clients are married men.

TW

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Golo--
I'm ignorant. Can you explain what you mean by "Caba?a Business"? Is it like a "Posada" in Cuba?

Thanks!
Rachel

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
TW, that was an intelligent post. One some people may not agree in part, but very intelligent nonetheless. Glad that you are back to your old self. ;)

rrwells, a caba?a is a hut, but it is also used to mean love motels.

And to follow the OP: Despite accepting male infidelity as a fact of life (which is not to say that LOTS of Dominican men think diferently), there is nothing wrong with Dominican men, that you wouldn't find in just any other men. :)

Vive la diference!

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Do you think that the infamous Dominican infidelity is increasing or decreasing in acceptance? Is this the way it's "always been" or is it a changing characteristic? I just read a book set in Cuba ("The Secret of the Bulls") which insinuated that infidelity is 'in the blood of every criollo'.. which makes me wonder how it missed the 'criollas'.

:) Rachel

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
You never asked about the women?

Well, here it is!!! Dominican women are as unfaithful as their counterparts. So far, I have yet to date a girl that has no boyfriend or husband. They are always in "a transition"......Oh amore, tu sabes, yo estoy ahora mismo dejada de mi novio y creo que esto no va a durar. Espero que no creas que yo soy asi de facil porque me acoste contigo tan rapido desde que te conoci, pero es que tu eres diferente!"

Ever heard that one? Sounds like the Dominican women's national anthem. Hey guys, don't believe everything you hear. We are not that bad!!!

TW

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
I agree that a large majority of the Dominican men, have more than one girlfriend, or when they are married, however, I disagree strongly that a loyal dominican man is not created. I believe there are many, in the thousands that are not. I know many married men there that are very loyal to their wives and I now know many that are not. There are loyal men and boyfriends, I know a few, and I am not naive, it's just the truth. It's the same as in any other culture, there are some that you can trust and some that you can not.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Meredith:

Sorry to dissapoint you if I say this, but Dominicans who have never tried women other than their wives are of suspicious leanings. No man in his right mind can be totally satisfied with one woman.

If so, you can call him for me: sangano, pendejon, pariguayo.

TW

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Golo...

You say this, but aren't most people in Canada or the U.S. who are married, loyal to that person? I believe so, and if they are not then they get a divorce. I believe that the whole point of being a marriage or even a relationship, is total devotion and loyalty to that person. If not, then why don't you just play the field with no attatchments. That is the way that I believe it works. You are speaking for the total male population, why don't some other men answer who are married or in relationships? We need some more opinions on this subject. I believe that it is possible for a man to be satisfied with one woman, that doesn't mean that they don't look, but it means that they don't touch.
Again, there are men like this in the D.R.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
You make me sick
repuke.gif
golo.

Me and my husband have been toether for 7 years and yes he looks and yes I look, but for all that we have been together he loves me and he knows what cheating would do to our relationship! And yes he is dominican and I understand that if you are a dominican man and you dont have atleastone wife and 1 on the side that you are not a man, but i disagree.

The reason is because my husbands father cheated all his life on his mother, and my husband has seen his mother hurt and crying and he knows the way that he feels towards his father and he dosnt want to see me or his daughter feel that way! Another reason is after his mother passed away his father has been beating himself up thinking that it was his falt because she loved him so much and he hurt her, he will never get over that feeling!

If any man no matter of race or reliogon would stop and think with the head on teir shoulders instead of their little head I am sure that if they really loved their wife or girlfriend they woulndt go through with it!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jessica

I make an exception with men who have been psychologically affected and hurt. Remember, I said regular normal guys.

TW

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Here's the way I see it. Dominican men like the normalcy of a wife and kids. This gives them a sense of normal family life and comfortability and all. The concubine/mistress give them something that they are missing, excitement, exhiliration enthusiasm etc. I believe that this is in the blood. I am not saying that all men do it but it's one of those things that they are "predisposed" to.
Kind of like alcoholism. You may be predisposed to having this addictive behavior but weather or not you act on it is another thing. The percentages are just higher for Dominican men.

Sorry if this upsets some women. Just an opinion.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Holy Crap, do the generalizations fly free on this board sometimes... would think that most of you guys have enough life experience to know they're never completely true...

Yeah, Latin American men cheat more than the gringos, but there's a good one in every bunch! I know Dominicans who do cheat and those that don't.

R&JRivas

Apr 28, 2002
I have been married to a Dominican nam for 19 years. He had terrible childhood and has no relationship with his father at all. His mother died when he was 12 and he had to go live with his father. To his father it was just another one of his now 12 kids -- mind you with all different women. My husband is everything his father was not. He is a good family man. As a matter of fact he is leaving to RD next week and doesnt want to go alone, he wants me and kids to go too.

We must not say "they all cheat" because that is simply not true.

R&J

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Tere....

Dominican men like the normalcy of a wife and kids. This gives them a sense of normal family life and comfortability and all. The concubine/mistress give them something that they are missing, excitement, exhiliration enthusiasm etc.

I just stopped dating a guy (I'm not embarrased to say he dumped me, only 'cause he couldn't control me!) because of this.

I believe is not only Dominican men, just SOME men...wherever they're from!

I had a "conversation" with this guy and some of his friends...where they admitted they liked "women who are good in bed"...as they said.

My argument was, why then, do they look for the "submisive" type when it comes to getting married and settling down...if they are only going to go looking for the "other" type once they're bored with the one they have at home.

My point was that women who are "good in bed" have a mind of their own, and would not put up with any *bull....* from them, thus ending up as "mistresses"...not good enough to be "wives".

Well... I might as well have told him something about his mother, 'cause he got really offended and told me that "no woman has ever said anything like that to him" and he no longer wanted to see me!

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Musicqueen, you always lead such an interesting life!!
I'll have to agree with Bugsey 34 and R&J Rivas on this one, too many generalizations... Theresa, does have an interesting concept though about Learned Behaviour. The attitude towards women and relationships may be learned from their father or just seen so much within society, that it may just start to become a norm way of thinking too. This does not mean it is right at all, everyone has the choice to change, and whether one makes that choice is up to them. This is a generalization, as everyone learns differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.