Car Rentals In Caberete

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I am trying to figure out various ways to make money in the D.R.
A friend of mine owns a hotel in Caberete. I was thinking of renting out cars from his location. I know there are plenty of car rental places but he was telling me that in the season...there are
not enough cars to go around. I was thinking of buying two and starting with that. What do you guys think?

Snuffy Appreciates....

giggy

May 8, 2002
Car for what?

People that go to Cabarete are there to windsurf or hang out on the beach. They have organized tours to take them to the mountains, etc. I don't think your average tourist to Cabarete is brave enough to rent a car and go joyriding. Just my opinion.

giggy

Parker

May 21, 2002
From my experience in DR, car rental is not adviced to tourists as the driving is totally insecure overthere.
I don't know the Cabarete area but I've heard a lot of bad stories happening to foreign people renting cars (incidents, car taken away by the police to get some money...).

But I've noticed the missing of way to move from a point to another in short times "guagua" are so long... maybe a less expensive taxi or kind of a "bus company" would be more interesting. Just ideas...

Macoris

Apr 17, 2002
Great IDEA !

I think that purchasing 2 or 3 small jeeps (topless) will be a great idea. There is a market for car rental. I always rent cars in the NORTH COAST and I never had a problem. It is very save to drive there and if you offer to pick up clients at the AIRPORT and you have reasonable prices, you will have clients. For example, they rent motocycle in CABARETE and they are always rented. As usual, you should start small and expand with the demand. GOODLUCK.