Who is Better...Dj...............

Danvr91

May 20, 2002
Who is a Better...Dj...............?

In Santo Domingo, we have two main DJs-Dj Buba and Dj Plex. Which one of them Are Better And Why?

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hey! Watch who your calling old. I don't live there or I'd be able to tell you who the best DJ was.:bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What was the name of that guy in cleveland?

The one that " invented" Rock and Roll" ???

DJs? MusicQueen is our main DJ and she is hot!!

HB
music765.gif

I can't believe I remembered this: Alan Freed??

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: What was the name of that guy in cleveland?

Hillbilly said:
The one that " invented" Rock and Roll" ???

DJs? MusicQueen is our main DJ and she is hot!!

HB
music765.gif

I can't believe I remembered this: Alan Freed??

Alan Freed was one of the main promoters of Rock & Roll. He faded away after bing Targeted during the Payola scandals of the late 50s

Tony C.

Mar 21, 2002
See what I told you kid. These old fogeys are talking about rock-n-roll. Man that's like talking about big band music and victrolas. These guys have never heard of techno,house,trance,drum-n-bass,alternative,underground music. Nada,zip,zero!

Hahahahaha- there talking about Elvis Presley. I told you these guys are as old as yoda. Tony C I thought you were younger. I didn't know you were that old(probably 40ish). Hillbilly I know from looking at his pic. He reminds me of Gandalf the Grey. A funny and wise old man prone to sarcasm,wit and errors from time to time.

Get with the times all you old nanny goats. J/K

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
HB...

Oooohhh...You're sooo sweet!!! Thank you!!! Now, please tell me where you got that cute music smilie. I want it on all my posts! Thanks again! MQ

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Onions&carrots said:
See what I told you kid. These old fogeys are talking about rock-n-roll. Man that's like talking about big band music and victrolas. These guys have never heard of techno,house,trance,drum-n-bass,alternative,underground music. Nada,zip,zero!

Hahahahaha- there talking about Elvis Presley. I told you these guys are as old as yoda. Tony C I thought you were younger. I didn't know you were that old(probably 40ish). Hillbilly I know from looking at his pic. He reminds me of Gandalf the Grey. A funny and wise old man prone to sarcasm,wit and errors from time to time.

Get with the times all you old nanny goats. J/K

O & C

Rock n' Roll is still very much alive and kicking! In fact it is still the main driving force in Popular Music. Do you think Moby or Eminem could sell out JRS for a concert? The Rolling Stones could! Mettalica Could! Most of your guys would have a hard time selling out a club!
Techno, House, trance et-al are just repackaged Disco. Good to dance to but nothing else.
BTW Do you even know who Alan Freed or Wolfman Jack were? They were promoting Alternative music before anybody even thought of the word Alternative. None of that crap you listen to would even exist if it wasn't for these men. All music is a progression. Sometimes it is lead astray(Pat Boone, corporate rock, Disco, Rap, Techno) But it seems that something always arrives to bring it back on Track(Beatles, Punk, New Wave, Grunge)
Open your mind and listen to other music.

Tony C.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
i love music!!

O&C...about 4 years ago I sold my mixer,DJ case, 2 Technics sl1200's. Now, for those not in the know, the sl1200's have been the standard Night Club vinyl truntables for over 15 years. Back in the early 90's my buddies and I did some part time DJ'ing. Most fun we ever had "working".

mondongo

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
O&C

You are full of it. Didn't you know that good rhythms and good music are ageless ?
All its needed is good ears !!

I hope you havn't ruined yours by listening
to drum_and_bass too much.

X

Mar 21, 2002
Old gizzards and buzzards! How old are you Tony C? Your a viejo. Don't forget to take your geritol tonight. Ahahahaha!

Hey Mondongo whaddayathink about these guys?

Truedat X-man, I feel ya ma'man. At least you and Hillbilly have cool names. The adventures of X-man and Hillbilly continues.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
O&C...I am that rare (wierdo?) individual that likes almost all kinds of music...with the exceptioin of most gangsta rap and slam dancing noise...my take on it is that music accentuates my mood..... I must admit that there was nothing better than going out friday/saturday nights and blasting some house/techno/industrial/alternative/etc......followed the next morning (afternoon?) by some Pink Floyd and Louis Armstrong

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wouldn't call Mettalica rock and roll. I think they'd die if they heard that. They are Metal or ROCK but not "rock and roll" I have the live version they did in Mexico. Pib the last I heard Slash was in a band called Snakepit...I still hit peak of excitement ;) when I hear his solo in the song November Rain. Wow need a cold shower now.

Last edited:

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
LOCO LOCO loco en HABC!!!!

my favrote DJ was loco loco he played american and merenque music back in the 70s oopps Tony I guess I am showing my age but proud of it....

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
O & C
is just one of those types who believe whatever MTV and Maxim Magazine tells him. I'll let you in on a little secrete. South Beach stopped being a Trendy spot 10 years ago. Techno, house, trance et-al are just today's version of Corporate Rock. The Ben Counters a the Record Labels love it. All you need is a geek and a Computer. Can you say "Low Overhead"
There is a lot of great new music out there. A lot of great new bands. Ever heard of the Strokes? Andrew W.K.? Jeez even that wuss, Moby, has given up on Techno!
BTW I am 40and have forgotten more things than you will ever know. Does it make you jealous? Apparently it does!

Tony C