Underwater fishing

A

Alexandre Dias

I would like to know if is possible to practice underwater fishing in RD,and if it?s possible to do it? Thank you.

J

Jodi

Alexandre...are you looking for harpoon or spear fishing? What area of the DR?

A

Alexandre Dias

well, i think that is spear fishing in apnea, it?s with a gun, and i will be staing in Punta Cana beach resort. 9 to 17 of april. If you can help me, i would be apreciate. sorry is my english is bab, i'm from Portugal. Tank you..

L

Lyse

There's some local fishermen that go underwater fishing (apnea) using harpoon in the Punta Cana area. Maybe they'll take you with them. It's in the Bavaro Beach section in the Cortecito village. The people of the Capitan Cook restaurant know them.

J

Jodi

Hi Alexandre....If you were going to the Boca Chica/Santo Domingo area I could have hooked you up with my husband for a Sunday of fishing. I don't know anyone in Punta Cana...My only advise is to ask around once you get there. I doubt there are any companies that specialize in taking tourists out for this, but you could probably find a local fisherman who would be willing to take you out. Have a great vacation!