Hotel in Santo Domingo

daniel

Feb 24, 2002
Does anyone have a recommendation for a clean, moderately priced hotel in Santo Domingo for a couple of nights? Must have off srtreet parking. Someone recommended La Casona Dorada -- any info?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
La Casona Dorada would be a good choice. Large, offstreet parking area in the complex, rooms air conditioned and there are a pool and restaurant. Not a luxury hotel, but a good, moderately priced one. Located on Avenida Independencia, tel 809-221-3535/476-7910.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Palacio is a Great Choice

Clean great reputation well located and around $65 a night.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Casona Dorada is good value for the money. The staff is friendly and the Hotel is fairly quiet.
They even have a bar/disco which is usually pretty empty but the barmaid and waitresses are fun to talk to.

I originally stayed there because I couldn't get a room anywhere else at the last minute. I have returned there once so far and will stay there again at the end of june.

BTW they also have on site laundry/dry clean and get your clothes back to you in about an hour!

Martin

Mar 8, 2002
Hotels in Santo Domingo

I have stayed there, it was ok but I prefer the Duque De Wellington, right down the stree. About the same price but recently updated, clean, A/C that works, and super friendly staff. A new hotel downtown in the Colonial District recently opened up, the Foreigners Club. Dorothy from the US totally restored and updated a beautiful small hotel, pretty quiet area but close to the historic district, etc. E,ail me if you want further info.

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
I just stayed at a great hotel in the Colonial Zone called the Caribe Colonial. Small (54 rooms) art deco hotel with very attentive, great staff. Highly recommeded. The rates for a standard room are $65 a night. The have a website www.hodelpa.com, then click on Caribe Colonial.

M

misterchicago40

Does anyone have good info on this guy Hans that does the studios for 8 a night???