Getting from Santo Domingo Airport to Casa de Campo

kjr1

May 7, 2002
Hello! My whole family (7 of us!!) is going for a vacation at Casa de Campo. We're flying into Santo Domingo (SDQ) airport becuase La Romana flights are all sold out from our area (Wash, DC). We're trying to decide if we should rent a mini van and drive ourselves to the resort...or hire a ride. Any idea how difficult/confusing the drive is? Are we at risk of getting hideiously lost? I don't want to worry about that after the long flight. I understand it's about 50 miles...how long do you think the drive might actually be? Any suggestions/info would be welcome!

Thanks!
KJ

EL 3MEN2

May 25, 2002
The driving time from sdq to casa de campo been a first time driver in the country should take you 60 t0 90 minutes.
but it normally takes 45 to 60 minutes.

and just following the signs saying La Romana and Casa de Campo will be pretty simple...is a straight driving...
When leaving the airport (should make a right to the east)and follow the signs saying
san pedro de macoris or boca chica then when you get to san pedro you`ll see signs saying la romana,just follow then.

by the way how much did you pay for the tickets....i`m from la romana living in the dc area and will be flying
early next month.......any good fares???

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Better off renting a van. The normal rate to La Romana from Las Americas is RD$800 for five people in a car. The van will cost you RD$1,000 (up to 12 passengers), so there will be room for the luggage. That is the rate given over the phone when talking to the taxi union. If you get in late at night, they may charge you something extra.

UFFLaCo

Jan 1, 2002
plaza.ufl.edu
Wish I Were Vactioning

As former Coast Road / Sugar Mill resident owners of the Casa de Campo Complex; wish I was two years ago and I was just about to make a return visit.

kjr1

May 7, 2002
Re: fares

Actually the fares were terrible. $700/per person. And all sold out...we had a really hard time finding anything.

As my dad said..this better be good :)

My sister's boyfriend is coming with us, and he's from the DR - that's one reason we chose it. So, in him, we have some local experience. Hopefully the drive will take us the lesser time.

Thanks!

EL 3MEN2

May 25, 2002
$700...wowwww.

i belive i`ll travel from jfk or via miami then.

paying this high i would say exactly what your
dad says ,but that i wouldn`t stop not even
to breath....

i feel sorry for ur brother in law if the trip don`t
fill all spectations for sure he will get tortured
by the whole family...one by one...females
and kids first...tell ur dad to go easy on him..hehe

is he from la romane??

have a safe trip and enjoy my home town....