Cellphone

Macoris

Apr 17, 2002
What is the best and more economical cellular phone company available in the DR ?

Thank you.

andujar5

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 4, 2002
cell phone

THe cheapest one is Tri-com, and if you want the best then it's codetell, but tri com operates only on Anolog no digital

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wrong worng worng.

Andujar5, if you are not sure of what you are talking about then please don't give out worng information.
Codetel, tricom both operate in digital and in analog mode. Now we have new players in the cell market: Centennial and Orange phone. Both Centennial and orange are pure digital.
In my opinion, centennial will give you the best rates in the cell market. If you don't believe me, then check the rates and plans for yourself. If you are concerned about making calls to USA then centennial has the best plan and price / min to call USA. Tricom is also offering a USa calling plan for a cheaper rate but I think the monthly rate is too high.
bring any sprint phone here from USA and have it connected with this company above.
have a nice day.

billshar

Jan 15, 2002
Don't forget to check the coverage. I arranged for Tricom service for my wife only to discover that there was no service at our house or in Cabarette. Centenial may be the cheapest but they also have the least coverage.