How many people

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
on this board are now / have had a realtionship with a dominican? And was it long distance or whilst living in the same country? Just been a bit nosy.

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Still In Love

Been married to my Dominican wife for 2 years and have know each other for 4. Was not easy at the beginning, however, no its just great.

Patience is the key. Remember their culture is very different!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I've been happily married for nearly 2 years, together nearly 3. Have 2 beautiful sons, Angelo and Dominic. You will find many people on this board are married to Dominicans.

This is one that's been covered many times. Search the archives, you will find a lot.

Last edited:

R&JRivas

Apr 28, 2002
I have been married 19 wonderful years to a man from Dominican Republic. I have two children Rebecca 13 and Rafael 9. It has been a great 19 years.

R&JRivas

Doreen

Jan 29, 2002
Together with a Dominican for almost 4 years, married to him since last September - he is wonderfull and we are looking forward to many great years more.

BTW - great board!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course

How about 36+ years??

And yes, she most certainly complied with Hillbilly's Three Rules for Marrying a Dominican.

Don't think there is anyone on this board with that record, is there???

Puffed out chest, happy, oh so patient, and content..

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Never had a serious relationship with another Dominican although I've dated a few. I almost had a long distance one from my last trip this past december but then reality hit and I walked away from that one...although we still speak every now and then.

Kelly

Jun 11, 2002
Cheryl

Are you having a relationship with a Dominican man?
I think Dominican people on the whole seem very happy and friendly. I would love to sell my flat and move there. But its a big step to take. But I think about it nearly everyday.

:confused:

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
I've been married 12 years next week to my hubby. We met here in the USA. He is now a US citizen and we have 2 daughters together and each have 1 daughter from prev. relationships. I will be leaving here 6/25 to live in the DR for who knows how long.

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
Kelly

Yes I have a dominican boyfriend. Been seeing him (well not actually) for 8 months now. How about you?

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Have been with my fiance 3.5 years I lived in his village in the DR while a Peace Corps Volunteer (that's how we met) Applied and was granted a fiance visa in April. Have been living apart since Oct 2000 but have visited him/villiage/friends/him/him/him 5 times since I left. I will be visiting the DR in Aug/Sept and he will come back with me. Wedding date Nov. 8th.

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
Dominican husband...

Can't live with them, can't live without them! Been married to mine for 3 years now and have an 8mth old son.
He (my husband, not my son!) still gives me hives sometimes. But, then I married him with eyes wide-open, right?! so - gotta take the good with the bad!

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Re: Of course

Hillbilly said:
How about 36+ years??

Don't think there is anyone on this board with that record, is there???

Nope, but we are very close! La Do?a Alicia and I will complete 36 years of marriage in July and we dated for 2 years before that. :)

We met, dated, and married in the DR. Spent the first 2 years of marriage in the DR and the remainder in the USA (Illinois and New York City).

We have 3 children; our daughter is a Veterinarian and our 2 sons work in the building trades.

Swede

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Theres an old saying...

...you can take the girl out of the pueblo, but you cant take the pueblo out of the girl. Been married to my lovely wife for over 4 years now. We met at the Copacabana in NYC. Shes a wonderful girl and I'm very happy.

Lynda

Jan 8, 2002
if you met at the Iberostar then open your eyes.

CHERYL.W said:
Yes I have a dominican boyfriend. Been seeing him (well not actually) for 8 months now. How about you?

Sounds like you are in for being used. How many times has he phoned you/ You phoned him? Has his mother been sick in the last 8 months? Has the pasola broken down? Did he need a better cell phone so that he could call you or you could call him - this way you can call him when he is with another over night at the local hotel instead of getting his mother?

I have been in an eyes wide open relationship for 10 yearts now, but I know he sees and calls many other womem. yvonne in germany, the canadian girl that visits his hotwel every few months, the spanish girl that is a really sexy dancer. if you met at the Iberostar then you are definitely in for being played. all of the animation team and dances are major sankies. I have known most of them for ten yerars.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We're not sure what happened to Cheryl since she posted this three years ago. :classic: She may not answer you.

lperez

Jun 17, 2002
13 years and counting

Married to Dominican man met here in Boston and have 3 beautiful daughters.

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.