Pan Am Returns to the Caribbean

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Pan American Airways will return to the Caribbean, Central, and South America bringing with it new employment opportunities for the struggling aviation industry, and all of us should thank them. For it is carriers like the NEW PAN AM as well as Air Tran, SouthWest, MidWest Express that are helping the aviation industry not hurting it or the people that work so very hard in it. Sure I am very proud of Pan Am and am a very big believer it their current strategy as I believe it to be the correct course of action. I am also not a stock holder in PAN AM as they are a privatly held company and are currently not selling even private stock! I do not believe that a carrier should continue providing service on money loosing routes, that is suiside Criss!!!!! Criss favors the majior carriers for they offer him more planes, more times, and more destinations well lets look at this, Currently the large carriers that Criss so proudly favors and I'm sure holds stock in are BILLIONS of dollars in debt!!!!!! US AIRWAYS or shall we call it in the very near future Criss Airways providing he is willing to assume their debt of $ 2.2 BILLION DOLLARS in Bank loans and leesor repayments (ie AIRBUS INDUSTRIES). US AIRWAYS is seeking a $900 Million dollar goverment Bail out! Those bail out dollars belong to every north american and I am angry that we the american people should feel obligated to bail out Crisses US AIR, UNITED (which is currently seeking $ 1.8 BILLION in loan guarentees) AMERICA WEST which has receved $ 380,000 and I,m sure AMERICAN AIRLINES will follow as they to owe $ 2 BILLION in bank and BOEING repayments. Watch for the majors to reduce service not expand service and keep a close eye on Criss Airways/ US AIRWAYS as it goes Chapter 11. Now as for Pan American Airways do you all remember when you were so badly hit by a hurricane two years ago???? Well who was it that immediatly flew in suplies???????? was it Crisses beloved US AIRWAYS, or American Airlines, no sorry give up.......... well Criss it was PAN AMERICAN AIRWAYS!!!!!!!! Even though they only had a fleet of 5 aircraft at the time they the Wealthy Cowboys who only want to fly as you so well put it, cared enough for the Dominican people to send in their entire fleet with supplies at their cost!!!! Not big wealthy American AIRLINES or your beloved Us Air or anyone else!!!!!!!!!! So next time your outside look up in the sky and when you see that big BLUE BALL of Pan Am just think for one minute that just maybe if were all smart enough this time and we support this carrier of ours!!!!! American as well as US AIRWAYS will be good to us instead of asking top dollar to all destinations!!!! And for that you can simply thank the new Pan Am, Aeromar, and Aero Continente.:cool: large

Apr 26, 2002
Pan Am El Dorado

Criss and I really like US Airways. And, no, I don't own its stock, thank goodness.

Why do I care if an airline is financially doomed if it provides good service and competitive prices. If recent history tells, Pan Am will provide lousy service, strange pricing and will abandon the entire Dominican Republic after about six months, at which time the airline will announce that the routes were "not profitable." Then Pan Am will announce that some city in Bolivia is where their future really lies. I can see the people in the airline forum on "www.Bolivia1" now - ranting and raving about how Pan Am is their future.

Or their ancient, fuel-slurping planes will finally be sent to the aviation scrapyard in the Arizona desert.

How can you compare Pan Am to Southwest Airlines? Shame on you. Southwest and JetBlue are the future of the airline industry. They run on-time with adequate fleets and schedules. Southwest won't even enter a new market unless they feel the market will support no less than eight flights a day. JetBlue uses all new, fuel efficient Airbus aircraft. Their business models are sound. Pan Am is a bizarre anomaly. I only wish that Pan Am were anything like Southwest.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Apple to Apple (mark)

Midwest doesn't fall in the same category as JetBlue, Southwest and AirTran. Midwest has an agreement with Usair, the others don't. Now, putting that aside, you just can't understand the principle, what does southwest, air tran and jet blue all have in common? NEW AIRCRAFTS. I rest my case.

And By the way, I am not going to pay a fare in PAA more expensive than AA. At least AA gives me frequent flyer miles which PAA doesn't.

Oh, where's valuejet? You remeber that airline with the old, old dc9's.....oh yeah, they were bought by air tran and they fly now 717's...

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Mark (again)

Do you have any idea of what are you talking about? Bailouts, Goverment, etc? Do you know how the Air Transportation System works? Do you have any idea on how is the economy related to airlines? Or don't you know that airlines are the heart of economy system? I'm not going to even go in that subject...

Aerocontinente? Aren't they Bankrupt?
Aeromar? Ray was supposed to put the facts straight, but I want to know what happened to that lawsuit they got pending with the Fine Air crash in Miami.
Pan Am? Gone bankrupt TWICE.

Yes yes, support the airlines but as Criss said, Pay with your credit card and maybe you get something back.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Pan Am Kicks Off Service at Newark International

Press Release
SOURCE: Pan American Airways
Pan Am Kicks Off Service at Newark International
Airline Will Launch Routes with 3 Dominican Republic Cities; Orlando, FL; Portsmouth, NH; San Juan, PR & Martha's Vineyard
PORTSMOUTH, N.H., June 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Pan American Airways will hold a news conference and ribbon cutting ceremony to kick off the start of service at the Newark International Airport on Friday, June 28, 2002 at 8:15 AM. The news event will be held at the Pan Am Ticket Counter in Terminal A at the Newark International Airport. Pan Am President Dave Fink will be accompanied by Airport officials as well as representatives of the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism.

The new Pan Am service will offer non-stop connections to Puerto Plata, Santiago and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. In addition, non-stop service to the Orlando Sanford International Airport, Portsmouth, NH and Martha's Vineyard will begin on June 28th and one-stop service with San Juan, Puerto Rico will also begin on June 28th.

Information on fares, schedules and reservations can be found at www.flypanam.com, at 1-800-FLYPANAM or through local travel agents.

SOURCE: Pan American Airways

good luck PAN AM!!

Apr 26, 2002
What a Bargain

I went to flypanam.com. $500 roundtrip Newark to Santiago. What a, um, bargain! Pardon the sarcasm, but this is practically the SAME as what US Airways charges for Santo Domingo. And Pan Am's dinasours, when they're actually operational, only fly to Santiago two days a week.

If you liked Tower Air, then you'll love Pan Am.

Thanks, but I'll stick to US Airways and their new A320s.