Aeromar

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Does anyone know when they're starting service to Puerto Rico? Also, are their flight attendants on the Air Atlanta and Icelandair aircraft Dominican? Not certain how that works when the airplane is wet-leased to a FAA Cat II country.

Thanks,
Brian

M

Meng

Expectations

Aeromar Airlines will not be restarting the Puerto Rico Flights, and yes, the crew on board is in fact Dominican. They offer great national service, and to answer your question about how this is possible... It is simple, The crews were trained by Air Atlanta's and Icelandair's current crews, making them seem as part of their OWN Crew.. THerefore it is permitted and everything works out very well.

Free

Apr 28, 2002
Re: Donot fly with Aeromar....!!!!

Do not fly aeromar.... It is the worst airline..................Trust me.... I just came back from DR and all of the flight attendants were European...and not Dominican

M

Meng

This is false

The aeromar crew is so far half european, and half Dominican... I just flew from santo Domingo on sunday, and 4 crew members were Dominican... As i said, the crew is being trained, The WHOLE crew will be dominican in several weeks.

Relax, they will be COMPLETELY dominican very soon...

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
Aeromar Experience

Some friends and I are planning to return to Santo Domingo in November and Aeromar has some cheap flights. If anyone can tell me of their experiences I would be most appreciative. Did they take off on time? Can you purchase tickets online? Do they cancel flights frequently? I guess the bottom line is are they reliable? Thanks in advance.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Dominican F/A

Air Atlanta?s chief executive Hafthor Hafsteinsson says the B767 wet-lease with Aeromar is for 18 months. The B767-300ER first flight was on June 21st from JFK to Santo Domingo and involves flight deck crew and engineers but with Aeromar's OWN CABIN CREW working under an Atlanta purser in business and economy cabins.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
According to some of the other posts (including this one) it sounds as if they still haven't gotten all the Dominican crews trained yet. That being the case - and the charter agreement so new - it will probably take so time before it's just the Air Atlanta purser and Dominican crew. I remember Aeropostal having similar siutations with the A-320s leased from TransAer.

Thanks,
Brian