Pan Am offers more!!!!!!!

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Pan American Airways requires no advance purchase no saturday night stay overs as a matter of fact you can walk up to a Pan Am ticket counter and if their is availability you can purchase you ticket for the same price as American Airlines and US AIRWAYS 21 day advance requirment. Pan Am offers one way as well as round trip tickets, one way tickets are exactly half that of a round trip ticket! not so with american or US Air. Pan Am currently is charging $ 212 dollars one way to either Puerta Plata, Santiago, or Punta Cana plus tax from Newark. You may also fly into one city and leave from another at no penelty no such luck on either American or US AIR. Pan Am is also asking round trip air fares of $ 424 plus tax to Santiago, Puerta Plata, and Punta Cana from Newark. While I do like the A320 and it's comfort Pan Am's 727-200Adv while old is very reliable as well as comfortable for Pan Am offers more leg room than any US carrier, and their service is second to none if you haven't flown Pan am recently give them a try you will be very surprised. Pan Am will introduce widebody service to Santo Domingo within the next few months using 767 aircraft.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Liar,Liar,Pants on Fire!"

How about "Frequent Flier" miles on "PanAm"?I didn't think so.No other airline would honor them anyway,just like their tickets!The "727" is comfortable?Since when?30 years old!Should be grounded! You are like a broken record!"PanAm" is a pathetic Joke! Crisco

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Pan Am is here to stay!!!!

I never claimed that Pan Am offered miles and they probably should especially since their such world travelers like you Criss that want air miles over better airfares! You Criss may not find Pan Am's 727-200Adv aircraft very comfortable maybe it is because they have 37 inches of leg room on every aircraft providing more leg room and comfort than any carrier!!!!!!!!! But how could Criss find Pan Am planes comfortable since he is probably always traveling first class on his US AIRWAYS with their bonus air miles and steep tickets. Who cares about cost of tickets as long as I get my miles well Criss I do I prefer good service good airfares and reliable aircraft and Pan Am provides all of the above If I sound like a broken record to you it's just because It takes one to know one yours is I love US AIR and AMERICAN and mine is Pan Am watch us grow were here to stay!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't hold your breath waiting for "Mark's" answer "Chief"

He has been asked many times,but he never replies."Thirty year old 727s reliable? Yes,you can count on them to burn lots of "JP4",and to break down a lot.Parts are cheap though,lots of them are available for free in the Arizona Desert!!!CRISCO

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My point exactly, CRISCO...none of these guys want to admit their association...maybe baggage handlers??

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Actually, Pan Am offers less, and it works!

I flew from Santiago to Newark/Portsmouth last weekend and it was smooth sailing.

The plane was clearly old, but the engines seemed to work fine and the leg room was excellent. The staff was very good; friendly, helpful, accomodating.

I think they will be very very successful here in the DR. No frills (no food, but if you can't do it right - no airline I've ridden on can - then why bother in the first place?). Most of the people around me had brought their own food anyway and in typical Dominican fashion offered me some.

Also, without any lunch/dinner being offered (just snack food) it keeps the aisles clear and allows people to roam around more; bathroom, socialize, stretch. Also, getting a beer/drink is much much quicker.

I hope they set up at SDQ too. Flying into Portsmouth is far better than Logan (boston) anyday.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
NO TIES TO PAN AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I have mentioned before I have NO ties with Pan Am No I Dont work for or do anything for Pan Am!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do however believe that while they ( Pan Am ) are operating a fleet of preowned 727-200Adv aircraft. Aircraft that I never have argued are fuel efficient for they aren't and yes they do tend to break down more often than a new Aircraft and require more to maintainence then a 737-300/400/500/600/700/800/900 or new A320/321 aircraft I do however believe that Pan Am's strategy is very solid. Look at the cost factor for one minute pretend that this airline is not Pan Am for just one minute!! cost of a 727-200Adv arround $ 1 to 3 million per aircraft, cost of new A320 or 737-800/900 $56 million per aircraft a savings of $ 55-53 million per aircraft!!!! you cant spend that over 5 years on maintence, piolt fees, or petrol consumption, Pan Am has plans to begin to modernize it's fleet within the next five years to 737 family or so I am told. Mark