Men and Women as Friends

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
Everyone on here seems to have an opinion about Dominican Men and Women etc, but I was just wondering what about friendships. I read alot about Women going to the Dominican and meeting lots of guys, and remaining friends, emailing and calling ect. Does this mean the Dominican Guy wants something more or can friendships exsist between Dominican Men and Women from say Canada? Just wondering????

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I think if a dominican man just wants to be friends with a women, he is homosexual.

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
Re: Friend or Homosexual

I don't think you are giving guys enough credit. I don't know maybe Dominican guys are different???? I know that guys are not like girls in the sense that they don't chat like we do, but just to be casual friends I don't see why that is a problem? Maybe I am a little slow when it comes to this, but I honest ly don't see why a Dominican man must be gay if he is just friends with a girl. Does this apply to any men or just Dominican men?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
And the word of the day is: Generalization. :rolleyes:

Now kids, I shall explain to you the dangers of throwing wild generalizations. Oh... never mind... go on about your merry way.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
In DR, when a cute looking girl says "we can be friends....right...?"
What it really means is that you can spend all of your money on me but non of my body part should come in contact with any of yours.
The guys she is talking to is commonly known as "Mr. Pendejo", or better known as a gentleman in western countries.
So guys, don't fall for that female trap, make sure you get what you pay for. No free-bees for anyone.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Pib --- Generalizations are extremely useful tools as long as you recognize they shouldnt be applied all the time...

loristud..... Most men the world over are not capable of forming a relationship with any reasonablely attractive woman without thinking, wondering, considering or attempting to have sex with her.... Its not a cultural thing... its a natural thing...

This would apply to most healthy normal males... It doesnt mean we make a pass at every one... but trust me the thought has occured to us..

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
Lot's of Opinions

Ok first of all, I am trying not to make generalizations, however I understand the cute girl cute guy thing. The attraction is there etc, but let me tell you I don't let guys spend their money on me here in Canada and I would NEVER do it in Dominican either. I am just talking about hanging out with guys at the disco and stuff like that dancing laughing, you know the normal stuff, without the SEX. Don't get me wrong I know if I said the word the guy wouldn't turn it down unless he was gay (not being conceited, but I am not ugly and as long as your not ugly the guy will want sex) anyway what I am trying to say is that if I offered it I realize I get what I ask for, but what about just hanging out with and having a good time, does this exist in Dominican? Or do they all just want sex?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Before this thread turns into the usual pissing contest I will tell you my opinion. I've been long time friends with men, dominican and foreigners. If they have had sinful thoughts about me I don't know, and frankly I don't care. They have treated me with the respect an equal deserves.

I can't speak for all men, or for all women, but I don't think that just because a man doesn't want to sleep with me (or wants to be friends with me) he's gay. Heck, I am sure most men in the world would not find me attractive. I am perfectly fine with that. Treat yourself with respect and others will follow suit.

And in the wise words Eminem, "Here's my 10 cents my 2 cents is free".

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Pib is right... Not every man will want to have sex with every woman.. but it did cross his mind. He may have thought about it and decided he wasnt interested.. It doesnt mean he is gay.

"Treat yourself with respect ..." again pib is right. Carry yourself well and people will respect you where ever you go.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I was being partially sarcastic when I made that comment. I just think it is a lot harder to be friends with men that are hornier than the average. Another generalization for you all, "Dominican men are hornier then American men." Hummm... sounds horrible doesn't it. But there might be an ounce of truth to it.

Another Eminem classic, "Two trailer park girls round the outside, round the outside"

Whatever that means :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What loristud is talking about is the resort guys or better known as sankies. These guys are not there to look for friends. They have plenty of male friends but what they really want is a stupid female tourist who would fall for their charm. These guys, and everyone of them, will go after you like dog after a hydrant. These hotel guys only have one thing to offer, sex, and more sex than you are used to at home.
loristud (what a name) I think you will get whats waiting for you there but not what you desire. So be realistic, if you are cute and slim female then you will get nothing but male dogs who will follow your tail everywhere untill one of them will get you. Then you will act like cheryl (from UK). On the other hand, if you are over weight and easily charmed then be prepared to pay for guys and open up your ears for some sad tales with money seems to be the only solution.
If you want sincere friendship, I suggest you get yourself a dog.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
"Dominican men are hornier then American men."

well they sure do like to brag about it...
The real difference is:

A. it is culturally acceptable and encouraged to make catcalls at every girl walking by.

B. Women are/seem more availible.

C. People spend more time in public life there.

D. Aggressive male behavior in the US can get you arrested or fired from work.

E. Dominicans have a lot more free time on their hands.

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
Let me clear the air

First of all I didn't mean that all guys would want to have sex with me or they must be gay..... That came out all wrong. What I meant by that comment was that in my experience alot of guys can be just friends with a girl, even if they are attracted to her, but if the guy is attracted and the girl says go for it, then the guy will go for it for sure. That is all I meant. I have respect for myself as well as others, men and women alike unless they show me that they don't deserve my respect.
Thank you all for your opinions it has made me think about alot of different things. Much appreciated.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
loristud....

I think we understood what you ment... Guys are often friends with women they cant have...

and what is the origin of that name?

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
Message reply to AZB

First of all as for my name, well I guess that's my business isn't it. AZB is so much better.....
Anyway I don't know where you have gotten your warped sense about people but you really need to get out more because the world is not as bad as you make it seem and neither are the people.
As for what I am refering to, well you have no idea, because you don't know me. I am not necessarily talking about the males at the resort, I was refering to males in general.
I feel sorry for you that you feel you need to speak for all guys with your warped view, and all I can say is I hope not all the guys on this website are like you because if they are, then it won't be one that I view often... You are insulting and arrogant...
Also because I am new to this website, can you tell me are you Dominican or where are you from? Just curious....

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
The meaning of the name

So you all know, the name is obviously my first name as well as part of my last name. It is not one I made up, as it is not one I would have made up for myself trust me.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
loristud.... i am sure you will get many more comments on your fine nick name.... :)

Rule of thumb... the people with the most extreme view point will post the loudest and the most...

most of the rest of us are more moderate...

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
AZB

Thank you for involving me in another post, but as somone has posted recently my private life is none of your business anymore and if I am not going to post about it I would appreciate it if you didn't either

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominican men like "FAT" girls!!!

"AZB",you are wrong about Dominican men only liking "Slim" girls.The "Dominican Taste" includes girls who would be "Fat" in the USA,but are "Pleasingly Plump" here in the DR. You must have been to a "Casa de Cita" where only dominicans go.There are some real "Porkers" there!.....and they get action too!...but not from the "Gringos"I guess that if you figure the "Salida" by weight,these "Heffers" are a Bargain!!!!CRISCO