What about Vladimir Guerrero????

arenas809

May 22, 2002
All this talk about Sammy...yes Sammy is good, Vladimir Guerrero overall is a better hitter, better defensive player...Vladi is one of the best dominican players period. Its too bad he's on the Expos, so no one hears much of him, but he's one of the most exciting players to watch, some of the other dominican players, like Jose Mesa, marvel at him...and they should, he's damn good...Sammy is too vanidoso, too vacano for my taste...plus he's a closet dominican...other players say he doesnt like to talk spanish with them and blah blah, but when the camera is on, its hey im from San Pedro de Macoris, DR for life, blah blah esa maldita vaina., but in Sammy's defense I will say I don't think he's on steriods, he's been a homerun hitter all his life, he's not like Bonds, yes he's well built, but it doesnt look out of place, look at Jeff Bagwell, Bonds, guys like that...anyway just thought I'd put my 2 cents in since we've been talking about baseball.

There was a very good story on Vladi on ESPN.COM...

I'll see if I can find it...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Vlad the impaler...

Completely agree with you Arenas...Vlad is the most complete Dominican player, period. Probably the most complete player in the majors today...He can hit, he can run, he can catch, and he's got a cannon of an arm. He's got a weird stance, but can hit anything they throw at him. He's definitely NOT on steroids. He could probably hit 80 homers if he was. The good thing is that his contract is almost coming up, so he's going to get a huge payoff when he becomes a free agent.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I agree, I love Vladi. I read in an article that he loves Montreal, though, and wants to stay. We (Canadians & Expos fans) can only pray it happens!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Wud, don't tell me you're Canadian and not an Expos fan, especially since they've been doing not too badly this year! I know, nobody goes to the games...I don't know if it's because Montreal is not a huge baseball city, or if it's because the stadium is in such a crappy location. It will be interesting to see how attendance will be affected, if they finish the season strongly.

Serena

Jun 30, 2002
Vladimir is a great player, but my favorite Dominican player is Pedro Martinez.