Weather In August

THEDON

Jul 4, 2002
Hi there,

I'm going to Bavaro @ the end of this month & I was wondering if anyone had any idea what I can expect in the way of weather.

Cheers,

From Liverpool UK.;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
August is a month when there are many tropical waves passing through the Caribbean. Some, but not all, bring rain. A very few may develop into tropical storms or hurricanes. Even though they may not come within a 100 miles or so of the Domincan Republic, their fringe errors may cause heavy rain.

This is not to say an August vacation will be a washout due to rain, but you should anticipate some rainy conditions during your stay.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not to worry

We usually spend a lot of time at the beach in august and we seldom have to spend more than a few minutes inside.

Showers, we get, but they are rather quick and refreshing, never that dreary drizzle that seems to hang over the Low Countries and England (or the UK for that matter).

Do bring the following:
Some bug repellent. You are fresh meat for our mosquitos
Lots of Sun Screen-SPF of 30 or better. You are too white, and our sun is too close.
Something for the stomach...just in case. You won't get sick, but just a change in cuisine can cause discomfort.

A great attitude and sense of humor.....
luxhello.gif

You will have a ball..

HB
farmerjohn.gif

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Re: Not to worry

Hillbilly said:
We usually spend a lot of time at the beach in august and we seldom have to spend more than a few minutes inside.

Showers, we get, but they are rather quick and refreshing, never that dreary drizzle that seems to hang over the Low Countries and England (or the UK for that matter).

Do bring the following:
Some bug repellent. You are fresh meat for our mosquitos
Lots of Sun Screen-SPF of 30 or better. You are too white, and our sun is too close.
Something for the stomach...just in case. You won't get sick, but just a change in cuisine can cause discomfort.

A great attitude and sense of humor.....
luxhello.gif

You will have a ball..

HB
farmerjohn.gif
Hillbilly,
You forgot the most important thing............................CONDOMS!
Have fun.
ILoveDR

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If he would have been going to Boca Chica

I would have mentioned that. However, this guy is going to the East Coast, presumably with his SO, so prostitutes will not be a part of his experience...At least to my idiot mind..
BANGHEAD2.JPG

HB

Last edited: