Hello PIB

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
How is the weather in Santo Domingo PIB.

I hope this is the kind of posts you don't mind replying to. I understand if I ask about anything else you may get offended and Rob may have to step in!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Also if you don't mind, can you please tell me where I can do a short course in weaving baskets? I wouldn't mind taking classes in flower arrangements and making sofa covers.
Thank you in advance for your precious response in this urgent matter.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
These days I do my best...

to stay stepped out. Once and a while an idiot comes along and makes me move.

If you want to ask someone a "delicate" question I suggest you do it via email or PM so as to keep the chit chat at a minimum on this board.

AZB, why do you post garbage like that?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Basket weaving courses are every Tues & Thurs mornings. Sofa coverings Mon & Wed. and if your a good boy you get Friday off. BUT they have to declare you insane first and lock you up. I think your getting closer so don't give up.
Must be the heat!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Rob, people jump out of planes or bungy jump off a bridge from sheer boredom, I am only asking stupid questions.
Take it easy, welcome back. Seems like the england's trip has done you no good.
Hey, why pick only on me? What about the guy who started the thread?
My feelings are hurt. I think I will go to my corner and take 5.

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Robert - maybe we wanted you to step out

Rob,

You should hang around the chat area at night. There are more people on the board who would like a no interference section named the Dog eat Dog section. I was there last night and a few nights back and most of us want this section.

To name a few...AZB, Missing_dr, Crisco, Shadley, Ken, X_man, Scott......and the list goes on.

Then someone said something very important on the chat yesterday I think it was Shadley.....

There is no fun on a board without some ususual characters around..

You gotta do something to keep the characters around and not "Goloing" away.

I can assure that once you start this section there will be more posts here than anywhere else and the same people who may have complained to you before about harsh treatment metted out to them will be the ones posting and hanging around.

I know this is your call but I hope you are willing to consider this.
Now if you really want to stop this you gotta start banning people. Now if you do thatthen it makes it the board of stereotyped people interested in diuscussing the weather over and over again untill the sun burns itself out of the sky!

I wonder what you aimed the "Open" forum where one is warned about the "not for the faint hearted or easily offended" to be. If it is really meant to be what it says then let the hounds loose and don't worry about it as the participants have been warned. If you hope to keep " order in the house" then it would be wise to remove this warning.

As long as the warning stands..then all members must be free to post what they like as it is for those without a home but, not for the faint hearted or the easily offended.

Just as a reminder....you may have noticed that all controversial posts draw a far more heavy response than the weather and basket weaving ones.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
19 young virgins to Missing_DR for putting my thoughts in comprehensible language.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Robert - maybe we wanted you to step out

missing_dr said:
Rob,

You should hang around the chat area at night. There are more people on the board who would like a no interference section named the Dog eat Dog section. I was there last night and a few nights back and most of us want this section.

To name a few...AZB, Missing_dr, Crisco, Shadley, Ken, X_man, Scott......and the list goes on.

Hey I never said no such thing! I can get AZB all torqued up in just about any thread:) I don't need a special board to do that! LOL

Matter of fact I can torque up just about anyone without someplace special!:)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm not often in agreement with AZB and missing_dr, but on this issue we stand together.

The board needs a "General" section in the "Open" group for the non-inflamatory items that don't fit anywhere else. Additionally, it needs a place where those who wish to can insult each other to their hearts content. Such a place will serve a very valuable function. It will help the regulars who crave "excitement" maintain their interest in the board while they wait for questions that call for the knowledge they have of the Dominican Republic to be posted in the other sections.

The new section, as missing_dr predicts, will likely become the most visited on the board. That's fine. It means the regulars are entertained and continuing to frequent the board. But at the same time, the other sections will be free of of the sarcasm and personal abuse that discourages at least some information seekers from using the board as a major source.

You recently made changes in the board. This is just an extension of those changes. It simply splits one section into two; the need for which should be obvious by now.

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
There comes the guy with a bucket of water

Scott,

That was the last thing we needed......a bloody fire tender!!

Even you are typing with crossed fingers when you post. Non of your posts are like before.

Come on you faint hearted guy...........gasoline is what we need here.

Cheers!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I like things just the way they are now!!!!!!

I don't vote for no "Dog Eat Dog" section!Remove my name from that list!If you go into a "Biker Bar" and start a fight,so what?Fighting is what is normal in a "Biker Bar"!Nobody cares!If you go into the "Ladies Sewing Club",and give the President a punch in the nose,it will be all over town by lunch time!I don't think that anyone is out of control here.It is just that people have different "comfort zones" in all areas.Remember the "Caviat" of the DR1 General Forum;Not for the faint hearted,or easily offended!So if you don't like what is going on at the "Fiesta",then "pull up your pants and go home!CRISCO Colon

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Geez!",I hate to make back-to back posts,but This "Wozzy" guy KENNETH

Just makes my skin crawl! Because of people like Ken, "Bear Baiting",dog fighting,and bare knuckle fights are outlawed in the US!What a "Party Pooper"! Mister "Politically Correct"!Hey Ken,Mahatma Ghandi just called,he wants his "non-violet" gimmick back!Paaaaleeezzze,give us all a break.Lay off the "Serious" pills Ken you have "OD"ed!CRISCO

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The board will not have a free for all section, this is why you have the ability to PM or email someone.

If you have a gripe with someone, keep it off the board.
I'm not interested in knowing about it, neither are 95% of the board users.

Yes, the board will have changes in the future, but right now it's not a priority, we have other projects that need taking care of.

Will we have a moderated forum sometime in the future? Yes.
I predict it will be the busiest forum on DR1.
Who will moderate this? Watch this space!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: There comes the guy with a bucket of water

missing_dr said:
Scott,

That was the last thing we needed......a bloody fire tender!!

Even you are typing with crossed fingers when you post. Non of your posts are like before.
Come on you faint hearted guy...........gasoline is what we need here.Cheers!!

I think we can have as much gas as you would like.

Taking a barb for no reason at Pib isn't exactly sporting IMHO.

I never "DON'T type what I feel". I have no prob expressing myself.

Just one other question, when have you ever seen Crisco hold back? AZB doesn't hold back unless it is in his best interest like his reaction to rob in this thread:). Pib doesn't even hold back, she only drips of sarcasm.

Just some thoughts...

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
missing_dr

The weather is like it should be in July: hot and sunny. Thanks for your interest. I am sorry I didn't reply before to your message but I had things to do. Having a life is a bitch I tell you. I so envy you.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
PIB

Appreciate that you have "A Life" Pib, but when you have a moment free from it, could you drop me a line responding to my last e-mail (about a week ago I believe)? Would like to know how things stand. Thanks - Grahame.