AA and NY airports

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
I found a flight with AA out of Portland into JFK. But, then, I have to go to LaGuardia to get to POP.

What's up with that? Is it a customs thing or what?

My other option was Portland to Boston to JFK to POP.

Pan Am only flies Sunday to Sunday out of Manchester, NH, and we wanted to leave on a Friday.

If there is anyone who flies out of NY (Jazzcom, maybe), I'd really like to know why they do this and what kind of a pain it would be.

Thanks,
Mainer

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
My AA Online Guide

Routes you from Portland (Oregon), you didn't say Oregon, but say it is, to Dallas, then Miami and POP, 10 hours 38 minutes total.

Portland ME to BOS to JFK to POP is the other route. Flights 4683 / 4806 /1797

Last edited:

ms.mathilda

May 5, 2002
mainer-
I just flew out of JFK on American. I don't understand why you can't fly American out of JFK. I didn't even think American flies from Laguardia into POP. I would check again with American just to be sure.
I know that American has flights leaving just about everyday to POP at 6 Am, 11 AM and 8:50 PM

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
mainer said:
I found a flight with AA out of Portland into JFK. But, then, I have to go to LaGuardia to get to POP.

What's up with that? Is it a customs thing or what?

My other option was Portland to Boston to JFK to POP.

Pan Am only flies Sunday to Sunday out of Manchester, NH, and we wanted to leave on a Friday.

If there is anyone who flies out of NY (Jazzcom, maybe), I'd really like to know why they do this and what kind of a pain it would be.

Thanks,
Mainer

Customs at JFK and NOT La GUardia. Cab is probably 20-25 bux without traffic. I can make it in 20 minutes with moderate traffic.

Check out Pan Am out of Newark NJ for 286 and change RT INCLUDING taxes. Almost dropped my drawers when they told me today. Going to book a couple within the week.

These Pan Am prices are exciting albeit I have never flown them.

Scott

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Thanks Scott,
That cab ride is too much of a hassle with the kids, luggage, etc.

I looked into Pan Am out of Newark last week and got 1900 for the four of us to POP. You really got a good deal!

I have a sister in NJ and we could drive to Newark in a day and stay with Sis. Maybe next time.

Thanks,
Mainer