What does a non citizens of the DR need to work in the DR

LROY

Jan 29, 2002
Mr. Guzman

Could you answer a Question?

What paper work or work visa do you need to obtain from the Dominican Goverment to work in the Dominican Republic ?

and is Citizenship required or recommended ??

Thank You
LROY

Congratulation on your Law Firms 75th Birthday

:beard:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Citizenship isn't advisable but getting your residency is. This gives you pretty much all of the rights of a citizen except the right to vote in elections.

Fabio Guzman can advise you more on this, he can also assist you to obtain your residency. With his assistance I obtained my residency.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
To work legally in the Dominican Republic, you need to obtain either residency status or a business visa for labor purposes. Since residency grants the applicant more rights than a business visa and it's even easier to get, I'd recommend residency. Naturalization (citizenship) is a longer term proposition and frankly, unless you want to get involved in Dominican politics and be able to vote or run for elective office, there is not much justification for it.

Thank you for your congratulations on our 75th anniversary.

LROY

Jan 29, 2002
Thank You Mr Guzman

When I'm ready to get my residency I will contact your office.

Thank You for your recomendation
LROY
:beard:

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Application for provisional residency through DR consulates abroad

I have heard through several sources (not all of them trustworthy) that by Mid May 2002 a presidencial decree has been issued establishing that in the near future (date unknown) applications for provisional residency may not be filed any longer in the country with the Migration Department but only through DR consulates abroad but it seems that the decree so far has not been published. At the migration department they do not know about the new rules. Does anybody know more about it ?

membruce

Jul 14, 2002
I have a similar question.

I am interested in doing some computer consulting work in the DR. I have a legal US company. This may be the predecessor to a DR office or a DR registered sister company. Some hardware exports to the DR may be involved but not necessarily.

What is needed to do a contract in the DR?

Thanks,
Bruce