Recent trip report

Michiganders

Jun 3, 2002
My new spouse and I just returned to the US from a wonderful 12 days in this beautiful country. We stayed near Puerto Plata, but also spent several days in Sosua while geting our open water diving certification from a dive shop known as Fat Cat Excursions, run by a great couple named Johnny and Victora de Jorge. While working on our diving lessons we had the chance to meet several folks who lived/worked in that part of the beach area. It was wonderful to have the privilege to get to know people more personally and to be part of the hustle and bustle of the beach shops, even for those few days. We also traveled to Santo Domingo for one day. We can't say enough praiseworthy things about our experience. I took a two hour and another all day horseback ride into the mountains and had a chance to meet the people that lived along the roadside, and to enjoy their friendliness and warm greetings. My guides, from the Rancho Dorada resort were excellent as were the horses provided. To say the least, we fell in love with the country and the people. Having purchased a multi-week vacation club membership, we are sure to be back soon. Can't wait until our next trip!
:cool: