Marc Anthony

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
So, last night I went to see Marc Anthony - it was soooooooo good. I haven't been to a real concert (Rubby Perez doesn't count!) in so long, I felt like a teenager again. When he came on stage, I felt this mounting scream. It was all I could do not to scream "I LOOOVE HIM!!!!" in my husband's ear.

We were concerned he might not do a lot of his older stuff, but he did. And the English songs that I had deemed lame on the radio were actually awesome. Everyone was up and dancing. I was surprised that he felt it necessary to sing Hotel California (why is this such a favourite with Latinos?), but in the end, it was pretty good too. He even alluded to his unhappy marital situation - so sad!

If anyone gets a chance to see him live, I enthusiastically suggest you go. It was a great time!

Last edited:

Free

Apr 28, 2002
Fantastic Show

I saw Marc Anthony in concert about a year ago. It was the best concert that I have attended in a long time. His rendition to Hotel California was beautiful. Did he blow kisses to the audience? There were so many women walking up to the stage handing him flowers. He would stop in the middle of the song to greet them. It was a great concert... I'm hope to see Cecilia Cruz in concert this saturday.

Free

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Jane J. He is coming to Atlanta August 22. I am planning on seeing him. I was there last year when he played and it was a great concert. He is playing at Chastain here, which is a really nice outdoor ampitheater. They have these tables at most of the seating and everyone brings wine, food etc. and it's all lit up with candles. I remember dancing so much salsa last time I had to take off my shoes. Lots of Puerto Ricans to dance with. I got his new CD but wasn't really thrilled with most of the songs, I guess since mainly he played that popular one at the Miss Universe pagent and thats all I think of when I hear it. "If I had you" the Spanish version sounds like he is really trying hard to fit in the words. I hope he plays some salsa, did he when you went?

joescholar

Jul 15, 2002
Rubby Perez and Hector Acosta are Awsome I have to say

He and Hector Acosta have to be my favorite young singers. I admire natural talent. Saw Hector Acosta i.e. Los Toros Band in Washington DC area. Great talent.

When it comes to Salsa, "Gilberto Santa Rosa and Oscar D'Leon".

Groups: La Banda Chula - nice heavy, strong Mambo de Merengue.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Yes, that was bad of me to say Rubby didn't count! I only meant that I hadn't been to a "stadium" event in so long. Rubby Perez was really, really good.

Theresa, I don't know any of the new stuff and he did a couple at the show and I was, like, "meh". But yes! He did about 4 older salsas. And a song by Journey (Faithfully) which he said is about being on the road and away from the ones you love. Get it? Faithfully. Is he trying to patch things up with his soon-to-be ex-wife?

And then my boss tells me that he saw on TV (I bet it was Primer Impacto) that he has a foul temper and has been known to rough up his women. That skinny little guy? I don't believe it.